Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I calibrated my KK4 when it arrived. It was 1C out - running too cold. Normal setting is in the 6-8C range depending on what beers I'm serving. Most of the time the fan is off. I leave the fan on for the first day or so after putting a warm keg in. If I know I will be serving beers to guests, I'll put on the fan an hour or so beforehand. It's not critical, but it can help reduce foaming when there is a 5-10 minute gap between the beers you pour. Basically, if the lines get warm, then CO2 will come out of solution in the warm beer and contribute foam until this is cleared and the lines cool down again. By having the fan on and cooling the lines and font, this becomes less of a problem.

I calibrated my KK4 when it arrived. It was 1C out - running too cold. Normal setting is in the 6-8C range depending on what beers I'm serving. Most of the time the fan is off. I leave the fan on for the first day or so after putting a warm keg in. If I know I will be serving beers to guests, I'll put on the fan an hour or so beforehand. It's not critical, but it can help reduce foaming when there is a 5-10 minute gap between the beers you pour. Basically, if the lines get warm, then CO2 will come out of solution in the warm beer and contribute foam until this is cleared and the lines cool down again. By having the fan on and cooling the lines and font, this becomes less of a problem.
Especially if your KK is in a living area such as a dining room that's kept pretty warm all year round.

Reading this thread just helped me decide to buy KK series 4.

Who did everyone buy from? Best deal out there atm? Everywhere dating out of stock

Reading this thread just helped me decide to buy KK series 4.

Who did everyone buy from? Best deal out there atm? Everywhere dating out of stock
A few places I've spoken to in last few days are waiting on delivery of stock

So they give you just a tee piece ok... Maybe I should do a similiar thing and buy a manifold and mount at the back... and go from there. An extra outlet would be handy for gassing soda water or purging.

I would recommend a manifold. I don’t have one yet (will buy soon). I just set it up with the T- splitters and it’s manageable but a bit messy. Plus moving clamped lines around does make me a little nervous of pulling something too hard and creating a leak.

Yeah thought so.. was just wondering as I get a little more experienced in brewing with different styles... serving pressure may vary say from a pilsner to a stout? Thanks for your reply mate.
I actually run two lines from two ball posts on the outside so I can connect two regulators (a normal one and a Soda Stream or a Nitro bottle) then on the inside I run I T piece so I can gas 3 kegs.

When you go to the site and actually price everything needed including lines, clamps, tap handles tap accessories etc, it comes to about the same price as a fully setup Kegorator

Yeah I didn't go to the effort of doing that but was wondering if that might be the case.

Suck a lot of people in though I would imagine.

Latest posts

Back