Keg King Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Kee, how would I go about taking you up on that offer? As I said I was looking to replace a couple of my cheap taps anyway and they'll be sitting next to a perlick 650ss for comparison. Cheers.

Keg King said:
Hi balconybrewer,

We are bringing out our range of KingLoks early November. One of the components will be a KingLok male adapter x tap shank adapter, so you can connect any of our Intertaps (or most other taps) to your current snaplock/fatlock female fittings.
Any chance of a lock-in adaptor?

sp0rk said:
Any chance of a lock-in adaptor?
To be completely honest, no. Sorry but they just aren't common enough to go to all the expense of tooling. Take up n87's offer or convert to KingLok's and give us a call!

Keg King said:
To be completely honest, no. Sorry but they just aren't common enough to go to all the expense of tooling. Take up n87's offer or convert to KingLok's and give us a call!
Thanks Dan, I knew it was a long shot but I thought I'd ask :)

I'll let you know n87, my keezer died not long ago, so more brewing purchases on top of a new chest freezer have to be passed through the minister of finance

Thanks for the half price deal Kee.

First impressions are great. Ive taken it apart to get rid of the usual smelly manufacturing oil residue and it looks well made. All the threads screw in and out nicely.

I bought the stout tap and growler filler and they look slick too. There is a 4 hole restrictor plate as well as a plastic thingy disc/restrictor underneath. Not sure if I should use both at the same time. Either way it all comes apart easily for cleaning.

Will report back after ive done some xbeerimenting.

I'd love to give these a try. I can compare them with 425's, 525 and a 630.
I was about to buy a couple Vent-Matics.
In the US though :(

All good for me. Ill do a proper rundown when i get a chance to take photos etc.

The growler filler spout is cool. Ive used that heaps (actually just leave it on and pour glasses from thus spout), and the restricter/sparkler is cool for lowly carbonated ales (even though i don't have nitro yet).

Easy to take apart to clean. No leaks....just three lonely drips after each pour, exactly the same as my perlicks.
It did take 2 good long soak and scrub and rinses in pbw to get the oily smell and taste away from my precious beer though. Thats my only (quite minor) gripe at this stage.

Almost two months since I hooked up the Intertap (SS, no flow control). I also bought the auto-closing spring, assembled it and gave it a try, but ended up removing it before I connected the beer.

I only have the standard beer spout, and took this off to have a look when it first arrived. The inside of the screw-on spout looked as though it was a bit rough and I thought this may lead to foaming problems.

I am still yet to decide if the screw-on spouts are:
A. a great innovative idea,
B. a simplified manufacturing process,
C. a (functional) sales gimmick, or
D. all of the above

The feel of opening the tap is a slightly "raspy" and not completely smooth, but this is only a minor comment and does not affect the operation of the tap at all.

So all I have said so far are observations and impressions, and the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The Intertap pulls a great beer, opening and closing doesn't give any squirts, and mine doesn't drip. I still don't use the spring, and I have no intention of putting it in, there is no need as far as I can see but this is my personal choice.

I doubt if anyone could tell the difference between a beer from the Intertap or a Perlick and I have to say they are equals.

So my last comment is that the Intertap is great value for money.

Gentlemen, many thanks for that, going to give a couple a go, was going full hog Perlick 650's but will wait until "sulfergate" is sorted. Need 4 ultimately anyway.

What is this 'sulfurgate' you speak of?

Mikeyr said:
Gentlemen, many thanks for that, going to give a couple a go, was going full hog Perlick 650's but will wait until "sulfergate" is sorted. Need 4 ultimately anyway.

Some folks are experiencing sulfur like smells out of the Perlick 650SS flow control taps after running Starsan through them.

Tropico said:
The Intertap pulls a great beer, opening and closing doesn't give any squirts, and mine doesn't drip. I still don't use the spring, and I have no intention of putting it in, there is no need as far as I can see but this is my personal choice.
Must say after like fifteen years in the industry I've only worked one single bar with spring-loaded taps, and I *hated them*. Like, could not stand them at all. From memory they were some variant of those euro ball-style taps you occasionally see, the funny looking ones.

Easily the best taps I've ever had in a professional bar were andale florytes. But I tell you what. They are sure ******* expensive. I worked with the older vent-matics for a while and they were 80% as good and a fraction of the price. Which really matters when you've got sixteen or more taps to maintain, pouring commercial quantities. Florytes DO need maintenance though, that slide plate is (as deliberately designed) a disposable part, and does need replacing. About once a year in a commercial bar of normal traffic. Of course on a home scale you're opening and closing much less regularly

For my home setup I'm really interested in these intertaps, especially with the screw-on growler filler like the old pre-pearl perlics used to have. They're currently top of the shortlist for my new keezer, with the price of the dollar atm.

EDIT - As a side note, god it's fun coming in to a bar you've never worked in and finding all the stuff they havent been looking after at all. My personal best being a bar I was at on contract for a few weeks, at which I did a full line clean, and was getting complete bloody beer grogans coming out of the taps... Eww. And the initial runnings through the coopers pale tap came out looking like guinness, there was that much beer stone in the lines

Personally i like spring loaded taps for home setups, far less likely that someone will walk away from a tap with it 99% closed but still dribbling out.

Cool, each to his own and I don't have any problems with diversity. Of course, sometimes its better to present a virgin with a nice beer than let them pull it themselves.

Edit: so are you going to try the Intertap with a spring?

I will likely use an Intertap alongside my Perlick 630 and 525 when i finally upgrade from the bodgy fridge im using to something that holds more than one keg. (both of which have springs in them)

Until then though its a bit academic.

I got one for a new jockey box. Use perlick PCs on keezer. Seems well made, drips a little post pour just like a perlick. Pours well, seems like a good deal at this point.

20151120_182102_resized.jpg

I'm interested in these taps for my planned keezer build,they are cheaper than Perlicks but I'm waiting for more info from users.
Yeah one product doesn't suit all,and if I decide to go with Intertap it'll only be if they are available in brass finish to suit my build.
So keep the user experience coming.

Kingmaa said:
I got one for a new jockey box. Use perlick PCs on keezer. Seems well made, drips a little post pour just like a perlick. Pours well, seems like a good deal at this point.
Looks like your cat is waiting for you to pull the damn tap.

Is it a tonk? I've got one, sure is a f'king impatient *******.

Latest posts

Back