Keg King Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
I was just on the KK site and saw the SS Interseal taps. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them. I dont know of any forward seal taps appart from Perlick and the plastic ones.

They are $44.95 which sounds good but maybe cheap quality. They have interchangeable spouts so you can get a stout, sparkler or growler filler. Sounds kick ass.

Maybe too early to tell but has anyone heard about them.

Been briefly discussed in a status so no thread (until now)

I've not heard any real world trials, as is often the case, cracks take a little while to appear, personally, I'll stick with Andale and keep an eye out for bargains that bring the cost base onto par with cheaper models.

I got seal kits when I first got my taps, as an indicator of the quality of Andale, never had to use them.

:)

Andales would be sweet but a bit outa my price range and more with the snap locks. I wouldnt even know where to start with that setup.
2nd hand Perlick flow controls from is more my speed. A few more taps would be nice. A stout tap would be a bonus.

these intertaps look like perlick.seal arrangement is at the front of the tap.Keg King have a section unit to look at.can even get a spring that sits between the shank and the back of the tap that makes the unit self closing

Andales are about the best you can get IMO.
I've had several different taps over the years & gone back to Andale Florytes. All you need to order is the snaplok tap, handle, snaplok panel adapter if going through a fridge or keezer collar & a cooler coupling to suit your beer line.
Best pour you'll get from any tap & believe me, there is a difference.

Crusty said:
All you need to order is the snaplok tap, handle, snaplok panel adapter if going through a fridge or keezer collar & a cooler coupling to suit your beer line.
and a divorce lawyer when SWMBO finds out how much you spent

I was down at KK today getting some stuff and so had a look at the InterTaps... and promptly pulled one apart:

The tap itself.
20150826-200201-iPhone.JPG

The shuttle inside
20150826-200201-iPhone_001.JPG

Snout of the shuttle, looking up the threaded spout.
20150826-200200-iPhone.JPG

Stout spout with aerator.
20150826-200200-iPhone_002.JPG

Stout Spout
20150826-200159-iPhone.JPG

Growler spout
20150826-200159-iPhone_001.JPG

Overall it seemed quite well made, a bit more complex than the Perlick 625s i have, and there is a potential for gunge to build up around the shuttle, although that would be relatively uncommon with a reasonable cleaning cycle.

Im tempted to pick one up for the party keg.

that looks like the old shirons.

They look like the original Micromatics which were the "forward sealing" tap before Perlicks came out.
There was some argument over a patent but I was not really interested so it was not "saved" in my memory.

If the chinese started making them they would not generally give a "Fat Yaks Toss Bag" about a patent.

I have 4 Micromatics which were imported from the states probably around 11 years ago and they are still going strong.
If these are the same then they will be good.

merged with previous thread

all good i only remembered because i posted in it that they look like the shirons i have.

barls said:
all good i only remembered because i posted in it that they look like the shirons i have.
I think that Shirons may have been the Micromatics.

I got mine in a mini bulk buy from the states but then when they were retailed in Australia I recon it was under the Shirron banner.

Someone will tell me one way or the other :)

IMG_1264.JPG

This is what my taps look like and they have "ultraflo" written on the body of the tap.

Above, I called my taps "Micromatics" but on reflection (through a very hazy beer glass) I think that they were called Ventmatics.

Now I am really confused. :lol:

I've just brought a couple of stainless steel inter taps for my coffin keezer I'm making. I'll let yous know if there any good when I get it all up and running

Does anyone know if these are the same taps that come on the Keg King Series 3 kegerator?

Brew Forky said:
Does anyone know if these are the same taps that come on the Keg King Series 3 kegerator?
Not when I bought my Kegorator.

Mine came with very ordinary Chinese taps, a Brumby knock off if you like.

I fitted my Ventmatics / Shirron / Micromatics to mine.

The taps on mine were metal but I believe now that the taps that are supplied now are actually plastic. :( :(

Latest posts

Back