Keg King Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered 2 of the flow control taps and a growler filler spout, hopefully arrives in time for my christmas present to myself.

Ordered three of the stainless flow controls last night to replace my very tired celis.
The gold on the celis pimpled up after a few years but still functional. But it's Xmas...

Ordered three of the stainless flow controls last night to replace my very tired celis.
The gold on the celis pimpled up after a few years but still functional. But it's Xmas...

Santa arrived a bit late, but my two flow controls just arrived. Will take apart give a good soak in PBW and then replace my existing taps.

Arrived and installed. Sadly also a warm fridge from the install so need to chill down to stop blowing foam!
Three in the middle - triangle, hex and cylinder. Basic but beats "the one on the left" etc.

File 30-12-2015, 9 36 02 PM.jpeg

lael said:
How is your beer fridge designed enoch?
It's a big old three door with the taps in the top of the middle door so you have to open the door to pour.
The setup before the bling out is below from an old shot. I've got insulation on the doors now.
Can fit 5x45 litres across the bottom but 19s are are lot easier to move.
The "font" I installed today uses the front door of a ss dishwasher plus some other scrap ss from things. Aim is to minimise the cold air loss when pouring.
Handles are printed.

image.jpeg

Ah! I've been thinking about making one with the taps inside the door! How well does it work?

It is great having cold taps. The problem is the cold air that escapes every time the door is opened.
I have put foam in the bottom of the door opening and the new font has wings that join the bit with the taps to the supports either side of the middle door. I have another piece of stainless which is going in the bottom hole to hide the foam.

Problem solved.
The heavy duty clean was mandatory. Grease plus a fairly chunky bit of swarf from machining.
Not sure whether the excess foaming is over/under gassing or it being 38 here ATM.
At least coming better now versus last night.
Recycling is in - taps on the inside of a dishwasher front panel, sides are from a range hood duct and big shiny bottom is a panel from an old oven. Cold air no longer tumbles out when pouring a beer.
3D printed handles are cheesy but hey...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

enoch said:
3D printed handles are cheesy but hey...
They're cute :). Did you print the thread, or have they got inserts?

Homicidal Teddybear said:
Did you print the thread, or have they got inserts?
enoch, I'd be interested also, got a 3D print myself and would love to grab an STL file.

The thread if memory serves me is 5/16-16 UNC

But I'd check that before hand if I were you

Homicidal Teddybear said:
The thread if memory serves me is 5/16-16 UNC

But I'd check that before hand if I were you
3/8 or about 9.5 mm is the tap thread. You need to make it a bit bigger than that to give room.

I made this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1236304 rod that you subtract from the bottom of what you want to turn into a tap handle.

it'd be cool to print like a few cheesy starships or something, a tardis a borg cube a leviathan... lol. Call me a nerd, (well I am) but hey

As a bloke with a Dalek tap handle I can't judge...

Back