Keep Cool Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Pritchard and Ron La Borde are the real gadget gurus of brewing over in the states - they have a wealth of info that I regularly trawl through over on the hbd.org website.

Mind you, if you want to spend your time etching circuit boards rather than stirring a mash paddle yourself, that's fine - but I want to keep it simple for a while anyway!

Cheers,
TL

I also used some clear selleys sealant, ("roof and gutter sealant.." or something like that - left over from a leaky roof), on my mash tun
With the silicone sealer - just make sure you don't get it in contact with copper or brass.
here's my .02c
Starting to get mash tun shopping list together, I have my eye on a two part epoxy called Knead It, comes in a gray/blue bar from Bunnings.
It's OK for food use, and you can mold it where you want it, rather than just squirt blobs in the general direction, which is my usual experience with silicon/caulkers etc. Can also drill/file it if needed when dry, unlike the silicons. Should be fine for setting temp probe etc.
Selley's link here has more info- http://www.selleys.com.au/products/live/260/156.asp

Backlane - never thought of that. My old man uses it a fair bit. Didn't know it was food grade.

Cheers.

PS - noticed the black flag quotes been changed...could also have run with a quote from the third song on the same side as TV Party....

Hells bells guys !! :eek:

You don't need a two part exoxy ! and you can file it !

What sort of a stuff up you planning here!

Tiny azz dob of silicone , it's only to seal the hole not fix a giant f&@k up

Batz

Batz

With my technical aplitude - "giant f&@k up's" are not that uncommon....

cheers - Richard.

I apologize for that post of mine , posted ar 9.00pm new years eve.....after way to many ALTs I am afraid. :chug: :chug:
All the same you will not require a 2 part exoxy , just the a small smear of silicon. :unsure:

Having another ALT now , bloody exellent drop , thanks to Jayse and TDA for steering me in the ALT direction.

Batz

Happy New Year Batz, if the Drunk Arab tells you all his secrets then your Alt must be a ripper. Had one each of Jayses at Grumpys a month ago, also on the money!

Has anyone here been to Duesseldorf and had Alt at the brewpubs there?

tdh

tdh said:
Had one each of Jayses at Grumpys a month ago
Only one !

Can't remember how many I had but it was more than one !

Batz :ph34r:

Oh...all the best for the New Year as well Thomas

Latest posts

Back