Just Bottled Batch 8

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasty73

Reaction score
OK, ingedients were can of Tooheys Lager, BE1 and half a cup of sugar and 1 and a half packs of yeast ( the one supplied with can and half a pack of Brigalow yeast). I fermented it for a full 14 days and when I tipped out the slurry on the bottom of the fermenter, well I was surprised at the smell, it smelt GREAT!!!! Thank you to all who have helped me along the way. I know I am just a basic brewer who like to brew out of the can, but I think this batch is going to be my best yet!!!! The best thing is I now have 10 cartons worth of beer, so this batch should get about a month before I get to it!!! I love this home brewing!!!! :D

Nah, just took SG readings. The next 3 batches were all done on the same day and have only been in for 9 days, still reading 1016. I am thinking maybe one on Saturday and one on Sunday, then the third on Monday. Have to wait and see how the SG reading go. I only have enough bottles to do one batch too, so thats a problem!!

yes thats a great idea my table with 80+ long necks waiting to be washed and sanitised looks bad :p

I hope they've had a rinse after drinking them.

well yes and they have had a soak for at least 24 in nappisan when I say wash I mean rinse as they are clean just maybe dust in them

I counted the empties out here after posting & I've got 25 stubbies & a longneck. I'd prefer yr 80 clean longnecks over my 25 bottles of mystery. I may have to use some sod perc on some of mine. Do you napisan all of yours? I don't bother if I rinse soon enough after drinking them.

yep I always have my pot/ fermenters full of sod perc/ napisan mix (as got both) and just rinse and shake them twice and drown them in the pot or fermenter. let them sit overnight and drain and rinse the next night (but sometimes night after). the rinse I fill about 1/4 full shake then do that 3 times no need for a brush as the sod perc cleans them the rinse is to get it off. Never touched a bottle brush since . Heavy caked stuff sit for 2 days and good as new

I try to rinse mine after drinking, stick them upside down in a milk crate & sanitise them as I need them. I've got a tub where I keep ones that need a soak & when it's full, give them a soak. I'm not saying yr way is wrong but I've never had a (noticeable) bottle infection. I still haven't worked out how I got the infected batch that I had but it was about 20 brews ago & I haven't had one since.

I rinse mine after drinking, then fill em up with hot water and sit on the kitchen window sill. Then when the laundry tub is empty or now ashing to be done for the next 2 days. I fill up the the tub with sanitiser and leave soak for 24 hours, then bottle brush them, put on bottle tree, then rinse in hot tap water.

425ml of say 4.9% beer contains around 570kj. Fark :D

Back