James Squire Pub Opening In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this place was open already.

:icon_offtopic: ECU has brewing courses? I might have to go back to UNI.

I'm so taking the friday arvo off work to enjoy the liquid delights.

Whats the plans for beers brewed on site for taps....???
I enjoy drinking beers from the tanks @ King street wharf, but if this venture is going to be majority offsite kegged beer, its not offering much.

[i'll have a full thread read later. being lazy for now]

Mainly kegged off site but some special local brews

Mainly kegged off site but some special local brews

Read; beer from not near me gets brought closer to me so i can enjoy it.

It'd be nice to talk with the brewer if the beer was brewed on-site but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

How's the construction work going? I'm planning a Friday lunch/afternoon thing for when this place opens.

Read; beer from not near me gets brought closer to me so i can enjoy it.

It'd be nice to talk with the brewer if the beer was brewed on-site but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

How's the construction work going? I'm planning a Friday lunch/afternoon thing for when this place opens.

There are a few of us that will probably meet up when it does open. Let us know!

Yeah we are spoilt over here with micro brewery choices. Would be good to have a range from another state. living so close to Little Creatures get so BORING! :super: :D

We are and we aren't. If you're that close to Little creatures why not make Clancy's fish pub your local. At the Applecross pub they have heaps of WA beers on tap.

I love the Matso's midstrength gingerbeer. My mate it partial to feral white but I think he's a bit feral myself.

I'm keen as mustard to check this place out :D

We are and we aren't. If you're that close to Little creatures why not make Clancy's fish pub your local. At the Applecross pub they have heaps of WA beers on tap.

I love the Matso's midstrength gingerbeer. My mate it partial to feral white but I think he's a bit feral myself.

I'm keen as mustard to check this place out :D

Clancys is my second local (1st is my own keg fridge) . I love Clancys, Im a huge fan of the Feral hop hog. Im not keen on the Feral white as Im not into wheat beers. I loved the Billabong Ginger beer on tap which was before the Matso one. Also like the fried mice!

They're so bad for your but it feels so right.

JS could learn a thing or two by having greasy foods available for me while drinking.

That's why I don't like going to places like the Brass Monkey or the Melbourne. They bore me.

They're so bad for your but it feels so right.

JS could learn a thing or two by having greasy foods available for me while drinking.

That's why I don't like going to places like the Brass Monkey or the Melbourne. They bore me.

I like the Brass Monkey. I usually dont go to pubs to eat! LOL!

Anyhow I wish someone would tell me when this was opening was meant to be JULY!

Yeah i read that bit the checked the date thinking.... "hello why isn't this place open yet"

By the looks of it on Monday when I walked past it's still a fair way off.

Walked past this morning to see a bloke doing some pipework on the brew tanks. The bar area is looking nice along with the kitchen. Only a couple of workers were there patching holes and gaps

That sounds good but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Decided to walk past the pub this morning and there's been a bit of work done. All the wood railings are installed for the outdoor area. Heaters and lighting for the outdoor area is also complete. Saw a bloke working through various pieces of pipe and vavles, I think he was checking them off a sheet. Inside looks pretty much done but it's a bit hard to tell with all the equipment in there. At least there were about 6 blokes working away instead of 1 or 2.

Was told today the grand opening was 13th Oct but not really open for the public for a couple weeks after that, plus the first couple of local beers ; Shaftos Reward, a 4 % amber ale (like a rogers) and Wheatbelt white (wheatbeer) wont be ready straight away neither.

The brewery side still isn't connected up, but it looks like the kitchen area is sorted - they've even got all the plates stacked and ready. The fonts are installed on the bar but covered over.

Latest posts

Back