James Squire Pub Opening In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faaaarrrr out this fitting is taking forever.
snails pace Perth :eek:

The brewery side still isn't connected up, but it looks like the kitchen area is sorted - they've even got all the plates stacked and ready. The fonts are installed on the bar but covered over.

What are they waiting for. Just connect the kegs already and start pouring that beer.

According to an email I just got from the James Squire PR people, the pub will hopefully be open THIS Friday 2/10/09. However I spoke to the manager of The Good Squire, 'Jack' and he has said it will be open Monday and the website is going up today or tomorrow.

YAY!! :beer:

You're a champ Scott. Cheers for the heads up.

Just a second thought. Did you sign up just to post that? Who are you mysterious Scott G?

Edit: Worries

oohhh, the snail has mutated to a tortoise.
where's the hare..? :p

You're a champ Scott. Cheers for the heads up.

Just a second thought. Did you sign up just to post that? Who are you mysterious Scott G?

Edit: Worries

I did sign up just to post that, but I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while. I found it in a google search while I was looking for the opening date. I decided to send an email to the James Squire PR team this morning and was shocked when I got the dates in the reply. I can't wait to have a pub lunch down there :-D

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to testing this place out but I'll be visiting the left bank this Sunday though so meh. I'll have to put this one off for a couple weeks.

Well all the glassware looked to be there and taps are all installed on the fonts. Some blokes were in there last night doing some cleaning up, removing the work gear. I think I even saw a big screen mounted on the wall near the entrance. Still no sign of the brewery being touched.

Well all the glassware looked to be there and taps are all installed on the fonts. Some blokes were in there last night doing some cleaning up, removing the work gear. I think I even saw a big screen mounted on the wall near the entrance. Still no sign of the brewery being touched.

They were working on the brewery yesterday (I think - could have been Friday). I think they may have even tested the taps Friday I a saw a couple of blokes with beers. these may well have been brought up from Dirty Nelly's.

All the bar stools arrived this morning.

Hurdles involved in getting a liquor license in Western Australia!?
Get outta town. Who ever heard of such a thing?

ahahaha too true, but at least the delay wasn't cause through lack of funds as was suggested s o m e w h e r e in the last 6 pages.

Hurdles involved in getting a liquor license in Western Australia!?
Get outta town. Who ever heard of such a thing?

I have been told that the Northbridge Micro Brewery that is planned has had objections from the WA Police and Heath departments against it getting a liquor license. PCC has approved the planning application.

Surely a Micro will promote a better drinking culture and attract a different sort of person to Northbridge

It seems they were worried with issues involving the concentration/density of licensed venues in the West End of Murray Street (perhaps the Northbridge Micro Brewery is having similar issues) notwithstanding that these are 'entertainment' districts. Of more concern are the concentration/density of idiots in our state that cause the problems in the first place...

Surely a wider variety of venues and more up market venues would change the makeup of the people frequenting Perth and Northbridge. Possibly less 'free to enter' and 'drink til you spew' :icon_vomit: nightclubs would be a better solution than to knock back places like Micro breweries. :blink:

I have been told that the Northbridge Micro Brewery that is planned has had objections from the WA Police and Heath departments against it getting a liquor license. PCC has approved the planning application.

Surely a Micro will promote a better drinking culture and attract a different sort of person to Northbridge

The WA Police would make Northbridge an alcohol free zone if they could!

I think the WA Police would make Northbridge a safe zone if they could. Alcohol can make idiots turn into gigantic idiots. It's just the way it is.

I like the Sail and Anchor atmosphere and hope these places have something like that. Perhaps a place that attracts an older crowed? I'm only 24 but enjoy the vibe S&A gives off.

Back