James Squire Pub Opening In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been told that the Northbridge Micro Brewery that is planned has had objections from the WA Police and Heath departments against it getting a liquor license. PCC has approved the planning application.

Surely a Micro will promote a better drinking culture and attract a different sort of person to Northbridge

same old story all the time... I hardly frequent the city (work only) occasional drink at Durty's, or sixpence!

It seems they were worried with issues involving the concentration/density of licensed venues in the West End of Murray Street (perhaps the Northbridge Micro Brewery is having similar issues) notwithstanding that these are 'entertainment' districts. Of more concern are the concentration/density of idiots in our state that cause the problems in the first place...

Surely a wider variety of venues and more up market venues would change the makeup of the people frequenting Perth and Northbridge. Possibly less 'free to enter' and 'drink til you spew' :icon_vomit: nightclubs would be a better solution than to knock back places like Micro breweries. :blink:

and hate Northbridge for that reason! Putting another place to go in the CBD would be great. Maybe more people would frequent the city if that was the case! I love the Lucky Shag as a location... But have to drink Trummer from the bottle (not that thats a bad thing)...

Lucky to live in Freo area I guess! Norfolk, S&A, Mad Monk, Clancy's and Little Creatures. Cant complain about that I guess!

According to an email I just got from the James Squire PR people, the pub will hopefully be open THIS Friday 2/10/09. However I spoke to the manager of The Good Squire, 'Jack' and he has said it will be open Monday and the website is going up today or tomorrow.

YAY!! :beer:

ALso apparently a opening shindig on the 13 oct, with the good Dr Hahn making a appearance, brewing supposed to start as early as this weekend

I just went to durty's for lunch and had a quick squiz at the Generous Squire. There were cleaners there getting everything polished up, plates in the kitchen but no beers in sight :-( There was still a bit of tradey paraphernalia around... so it looks like there may be some small stuff still going on. Other than that there's furniture in now and everything looks pretty swish inside.

Do you just rock up for the thing on the 13th? Or do you need to be invited?

Scott: I guess that means it's not opening this weekend? :p That's a bugger. I'll be in the city tomorrow night too!

Scott: I guess that means it's not opening this weekend? :p That's a bugger. I'll be in the city tomorrow night too!

yeah I guess not :angry:

oh and just a heads up, Durty's have taken JS Amber Ale off their taps... the tap is still there but no beer :(

A colleague walked past this morning and said that they had the salt, pepper, menu's etc out this morning

A colleague walked past this morning and said that they had the salt, pepper, menu's etc out this morning

Hell yeah!

Well I got a booking for lunch time today, will report back with my findings :D

yeah I guess not :angry:

oh and just a heads up, Durty's have taken JS Amber Ale off their taps... the tap is still there but no beer :(

I went in there on Thursday for lunch and they managed to get about 1/3 pint out of it before it went dry... sorry.

I'll be checking it out today at lunchtime - hopefully they'll be open and I can grab a pint.

Invite only I assume

I went in there on Thursday for lunch and they managed to get about 1/3 pint out of it before it went dry... sorry.

I'll be checking it out today at lunchtime - hopefully they'll be open and I can grab a pint.

I just got a bell from the manager, apparently one of their toilets flooded and so they had to close until it's fixed. Plumber's on the way but they won't be open for my 1pm lunch today :(

Bloody hell, I was looking forward to a cheeky Monday pub lunch too!! :angry:

Didn't make it today, but will be there about 12 tomorrow if anyone is keen for a drink.

Told the missus I'd take her out to dinner if we could go here. Booked in for Wednesday night! :D
Will let you know how it goes.

I want to try a lot of the menu and drink a lot of the beer.

I really could go for a steak sandwich and pint of amber ale after yesterday at Tradewinds.

Even better stay there till dinner and have paella or a Convicts Tucker Bag.

It's up and running, with a couple of dozen people enjoying the outdoor seating. Not bad for a Monday afternoon. Some of them had tasting paddles with six glasses. So that's Pils, Porter, IPA, Golden, Amber and ???????? Is there a seaonal ale out at the moment or am I missing one of their regular range?

It's up and running, with a couple of dozen people enjoying the outdoor seating. Not bad for a Monday afternoon. Some of them had tasting paddles with six glasses. So that's Pils, Porter, IPA, Golden, Amber and ???????? Is there a seaonal ale out at the moment or am I missing one of their regular range?

sundowner lager

Would love to, but I'm not working in the city atm :/

Back