Is There An Aluminium Debate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surely we all agree that ceramic is the ultimate for soup making, right?

:icon_offtopic: ok can i have the last five minutes of my life back... i am now angry with myself for having a read through this whole thread as it was a waste of time that i will never get back. :mellow:

:icon_offtopic: ok can i have the last five minutes of my life back... i am now angry with myself for having a read through this whole thread as it was a waste of time that i will never get back. :mellow:
welcome to the internet

All is not lost, at least you now know Boagsy hates aluminium and titanium excites him sexually.

Mate, if I'm ever rich enough I'll buy you a titanium soup pot and ladel one day and a titanium soup bowl and spoon.
Would you care to part with one of your own soup recipes?

I'm not manticle, but...

Take one can Campbells tomato soup (it must be Campbells, for they are well known for not using aluminum or titanium cans)...

i picked up a dirt cheap massive stock pot with tap on the bottom... about 40 Litres but it's aluminium...

looking at doing my first BIAB and wondering if Ally is frowned upon?

any suggestions appreciated

cheers.
Ever had a beer from an ali can?? It makes even the crappiest beer taste worse - dunno why, since they're supposed to be plastic lined..hmmm...

That aside, if ya got it use it

Breaky

You get chromium poisoning from stainless steel.

Use aluminium. :icon_drool2:

This topic has helped me decide to not ready topics that contain the words "Debate" or "Aluminium"...

After being on this forum for a while now, I get the impression that alot of posts these days are to simply increase members post count. While some of these people do on occasion have valuable things to add, they are de-valued by the absolute bollocks they gone on with the rest of the time.

F.F.S.

/rant

To the OP, Ally is fine to use for brewing. Even if there is leeching of ally into the body, there is a lot of stuff out there in the big bad world that'll kill you before that.

Leary

To the OP, Ally is fine to use for brewing. Even if there is leeching of ally into the body, there is a lot of stuff out there in the big bad world that'll kill you before that.
Be especially careful of unsubstantiated advice on an internet forum...

After being on this forum for a while now, I get the impression that alot of posts these days are to simply increase members post count. While some of these people do on occasion have valuable things to add, they are de-valued by the absolute bollocks they gone on with the rest of the time.

F.F.S.

/rant
I guess this begs the question: Has Leary just diminished the value of his lurking?

Needing a stronger drill bit, a different welder or rod etc, does that make it much harder to work with or just different? I mean we still have to drill it, weld it etc, modern tools take out much of the hard work anyway do they not. Perhaps with the right tools it could be a more pleasurable job than working with aluminium. My titanium billy is beautifully made.
Playdough is pretty easy to work with but do you get my point?

Titanium is beyond sexy, paerhaps even erotic.

Having worked with titianium in the aerospace industry I am having a good laugh at this stupid thread. Boagsy, buy your titanium pot then please invite us all around to see you drill a hole in it to fit an element. You have no idea what you are talking about buddy.

Having worked with titianium in the aerospace industry I am having a good laugh at this stupid thread. Boagsy, buy your titanium pot then please invite us all around to see you drill a hole in it to fit an element. You have no idea what you are talking about buddy.

Oh thank goodness someone here who actually works with the stuff chiming in.

The Ipswich Boeing Factory.

The Ipswich Boeing Factory.

Something like that, on these

f111_dumpnburn.jpg

these

C_130H_A97_006_36sq_load.jpg

and these

wedgetail.jpg

Ipswich Bong Factory - does that count Orchy bottles you find in Newton Park?

Titanium is beyond sexy, paerhaps even erotic.
... that's just disturbing, perhaps it's time to sample a belgian blonde.

As for Master Bate's comment
Yes there is a mass debate
I agree it is getting a little bit wanky

Latest posts

Back