Is My Kolsch Fermenting?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirsty Boy

ICB - tight shorts and poor attitude. **** yeah!
Reaction score
maybe I should wait another 24hrs and see if it becomes more obvious :blink:

IMG_1898.JPG

:lol: :lol: That's classic! Looks like the walls in that room will soon be a nice shade of "yeast"...

not sure if a blow off tube will do you any good either thirsty ... very angry ferment goin on there

And in stark contrast to a Kolsch I did a while back with WLP011 yeast. Great yeast but can give next to no signs of fermentation. Then one day when you take a SG sample you find its finished! Somewhere between these two yeasts would be good...

Maybe you should pitch another yeast, just to be sure. :lol:

:lol: just dont be tempted to stick a pin in the glad wrap

its the Wyeast 2575 Kolsch II - just a 2L starter from a mid June prod date smack pack. 20L in a 25L fermentor - should have put it in a 30L instead

its the Wyeast 2575 Kolsch II - just a 2L starter from a mid June prod date smack pack. 20L in a 25L fermentor - should have put it in a 30L instead

Let us know what it tastes like, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the "Rich flavor profile".

What temperature/s are you fermenting it?

Q

room temp - the strip thermo says 15 and its been nice and stable in my spare room. I have a slant if you want, or, well... I could patently top crop a pitch for you without too much trouble.

I tried it mainly out of curiosity. I like the 2565, but its not quite the same profile as my favourite kolsch (Reissdorf) so I am hoping for something closer to that. The 2565 also has the nasty double whammy of poorly flocculent yeast, that tastes like absolute shit in suspension. Gotta filter it, all the unfiltered versions I have tasted (including my own) were a bit nasty/yeasty

Thirsty

Latest posts

Back