Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elcarter said:
:icon_offtopic: Another thing to boycott :D

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4204159.htm

Crusty you might not like what was said but rather than calling him a tosser try to understand his view and reasons for saying them and crafting an intelligent rebuttal if found wanting.

Makes you look cooler.
I fully understand his point of view & his right to support who or what he wants & it is entirely up to him. I make no judgement of his views but labelling me bigatory is a bit harsh. I called him a tosser for twisting my post to make me out to be racist. I dont know the guy personally & he may be a great bloke. We simply have different views on this subject. We do however share the same interest in brewing so if he was ever in my neck of the woods, I wouldn't hesitate to offer him a beer regardless of our difference of opinion.

Crusty said:
I fully understand his point of view & his right to support who or what he wants & it is entirely up to him. I make no judgement of his views but labelling me bigatory is a bit harsh. I called him a tosser for twisting my post to make me out to be racist. I dont know the guy personally & he may be a great bloke. We simply have different views on this subject. We do however share the same interest in brewing so if he was ever in my neck of the woods, I wouldn't hesitate to offer him a beer regardless of our difference of opinion.
I share your point of view Crusty, I maybe wrong and I have been wrong in the past. Australia and what our fathers and grandfathers fought for means a lot to me. Now for all the racist crap.

Crusty said:
Much cooler, Nailed it.

Makes you proud to be a part of it really.

halal.jpg

^I have witnessed cattle being slaughtered by 'Muslim Kill'. They were stunned as in the Non-Religious panel of your diagram. In Australia, to do otherwise would see the kill floor shut down.

Halal certified? Just another marketing tool that company's are jumping on in order to increase their market share. No different to the Tick foundation, heart smart, low carb, high fibre, Kosher certified ect.

AndrewQLD said:
Halal certified? Just another marketing tool that company's are jumping on in order to increase their market share. No different to the Tick foundation, heart smart, low carb, high fibre, Kosher certified ect.
Absolutely bang-on, that's all it is.

AndrewQLD said:
Exactly. Before 9/11 we would not have given a shit.

My family doctor as a kid is a Muslim. Dr Mustafa Shehab. Hell of a doctor and all round great bloke. Did a lot for the community. I heard recently that about 18mnths ago he was returning from Egypt and was stopped at the airport coming back home and taken away and strip searched. He is in his late 60's and an Australian citizen.

Just think, 15 years ago we would not be 7 pages into a thread about a Halal food.

And interestingly, the IRA are responsible for more terrorist acts than all of the acts of terror made by muslims

How the **** did we get to this point......

Ducatiboy stu said:
Just dont get me started on vegan certification. No way on Gods ( or Allah's ) earth am I giving up steak or bacon.

Interestingly it cost more to change the artwork on a product label that it costs for " insert certification here"

I reckon we should start boycotting printers for raising the cost of food.
This. A minor cost in the grand scheme. Tim Tams are halal certified, get exported to Indo. As said previously compare how much the Heart Foundation tick costs vs Halal certification. So tired of this misinformation designed by the uneducated to play to the fears of the even less educated.

Ducatiboy stu said:
And interestingly, the IRA are responsible for more terrorist acts than all of the acts of terror made by muslims

They were freedom fighters.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I have an extremely hard time believing this...sources?

timmyf said:
I have an extremely hard time believing this...sources?
Why do you have a hard time believing this.....an act of terror is an act of terror ......isnt it.....

Done to increase their market?Certification costs money,this cost is passed on to the end user,us.If not passed on as a higher product cost then we may suspect that the quality of the product has been comprised.
I for one are not prepared to pay extra or except a lower quality product because the manufacturer wishes to pander to some minority group.
No more Coopers products for me.

AndrewQLD said:
You missed one important,namby pamby,P C. , gimme a warm fuzzy feeling.....blah blah, Permeate free !

KevinR said:
Done to increase their market?Certification costs money,this cost is passed on to the end user,us.If not passed on as a higher product cost then we may suspect that the quality of the product has been comprised.
I for one are not prepared to pay extra or except a lower quality product because the manufacturer wishes to pander to some minority group.
No more Coopers products for me.
Put those savings to good use mate.

Looks like there's an untapped market in unnecessarily and inexplicably intolerant homebrew ingredients and accessories.

Latest posts

Back