Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dannymars said:
I don't care who you are, nor where you come from, nor even what you do/say as long as you don't rape anyone, kill anyone, bash anyone, steal from anyone...

Speak whatever language you want, practice whatever religion you like.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and just because someone would not accept you is not a reason not to accept them.

I don't care who you are, nor where you come from but please adhere to the laws governing the country you immigrated to as I would when visiting your country of origin. Please be advised that what you say and do may not be tolerated within these lands. For instance inciting racial hatred or abusing women regarding their clothing or lack of. Raping, killing and stealing is also not permitted here.

Speak whatever language you want, practice whatever religion you like. But please begin to learn the language of the country you immigrated to so we can converse and build positive relationships with you and your family. I'm sure many of us will be interested in your way of life, culture and food as well. Feel free to practice your religion in a peaceful way but please do it in private places. Your own home or dedicated place of worship for instance. Please refrain from aggressively pushing your religious views upon those that do not wish them. A polite, mutual conversation about your beliefs is fine but as long as the other party is agreeable to it

As a member of the Australian public and by adhering to these conditions you have rights afforded to you. One in particular is you are free to challenge these laws that you agreed to be placed upon you when you immigrated. Please do this lawfully and respectfully though proper democratic processes.

You get my drift. Black and white is not working with this subject. Calling people racist's and bigots is not working. Accepting everyone and everything is not working.

And if someone does not accept my beliefs, culture why is it mandatory I accept theirs. Its certainly not reason to automatic not but surely it's my choice, Australia's choice to do so. I,they and you are collectively part of that decision. Including the bigot's racists, Christians, Muslims, native Australians and so on.

Dare I suggest this thread has gone on for long enough?

Seems like most people who are going to put their 2 bobs worth in have.

Perhaps we could all agree to get along and go back to talking about beer and brewing?

JDW81 said:

Perhaps we could all agree to get along and go back to talking about beer and brewing?
Bugger that, this is almost as much fun as watching the cricket last night (as a pom I'm now free to just enjoy the game)

Blind Dog said:
watching the cricket last night (as a pom I'm now free to just enjoy the game)
because your country cant play it very well :lol:

Ooops that's a bit racist........................

I made some bottle bombs in the last batch, if I strap them to myself will that make me a terrorist ? - p.s. I 'm still trying to detonate them from my phone - (damn nokias) :ph34r:

justatad said:
I made some bottle bombs in the last batch, if I strap them to myself will that make me a terrorist ?
yes if they are coopers bottles

no if they're Boag's (as far as we can tell)

QldKev said:
Maybe a few could have a read of this Australian Government document

also this website gives some opinions worth a read

I'm not arguing for/against, just posting these links
Did Stephanie Banister contribute to that second one? I wouldn't wipe my arse with it and earnestly hope you linked it to show the utter baseless stupidity behind the whole anti-halal certification thingamy.

bradsbrew said:
because your country cant play it very well :lol:

Ooops that's a bit racist........................
We're shit and know it, but still stupidly expect that somehow it'll all come good and we'll be world champions only for the dream to be cruelly snatched from us, yet again. Its what made winning the ashes in 2005 (particularly making australia follow on at Trent Bridge for the 1st time in about 7,000 test matches) so very sweet. Happy days...

JDW81 said:

Here here. Who wants a Coopers?

I only wanted to know if its halal because I find it quite contradictory that its ok the make alcohol from halal certified malt but alcohol is forbidden in the Muslim community.

it's not an either/or thing.

you can make a beef casserole with vegetables, but it doesn't make it vegetarian..

wereprawn said:
So if a person boycotts Catholic churches by not attending mass, because they are not christian, this makes them a bigot and it's discriminatory? If a person boycotts Indonesian products to protest their occupation of,and genocide in, West Papua, that makes them an Islamophobe? Strange thought process you have, IMHO, and political correctness taken to extremes.
no. if a person 'boycotts' catholic churches because they don't want to, or don't believe in it, this is fine, and their own choice (by boycott, i assume you mean, 'doesn't attend'). if they didn't attend it because they had an uneasy or unknown assumption about it and based their not attending on that feeling alone, THAT is bigotry. i don't really think you're seeing the point in these responses. they're not politically-correct extremism at all, just calling things for what they are; fear of the unknown.

Just out of interest, would those who avoid buying Halal certified products due to a suspicion of some funds possibly being channelled back to IS and other terrorist groups, also avoid buying petrol and other mineral oil based products?
Just wondering given the relatively scarce evidence to prove any link between the halal certifying groups and the terrorist organizations, as opposed to more concrete evidence indicating funds from crude oil sales being directed to IS and other terrorist groups (both directly and indirectly).

I thought Halal pertained to the certification of the slaughter of animals.

What has it got to do with beer?

technobabble66 said:
Just out of interest, would those who avoid buying Halal certified products due to a suspicion of some funds possibly being channelled back to IS and other terrorist groups, also avoid buying petrol and other mineral oil based products?
Just wondering given the relatively scarce evidence to prove any link between the halal certifying groups and the terrorist organizations, as opposed to more concrete evidence indicating funds from crude oil sales being directed to IS and other terrorist groups (both directly and indirectly).
I only fuel my ute with fair trade organic diesel.

Everyone has a right to criticise and express an opinion and call things as they see them, even religion, those who are quick to label such a person as being prejudiced are not seeing how they themselves are being prejudice to that persons opinions.

Latest posts

Back