Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wereprawn said:
Now this is Today Tonight. Not a reliable source of info. But he clearly states that halal has made him a millionaire at around the 2 min mark.Take from this what you will.

True. He does say that.

I had a laugh when later on he says: "[Halal Certification] doesn't fund anything other than my wife's shoes" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that every GABS 2015 attendee gets a Coopers Festival Glass. Can we expect a mini kristallnacht out the front? :ph34r:

Just thought I'd add what is hopefully considered to be some reasonably reliable information. I work for a large, reasonably diverse, organisation which exports a number of products to markets with large Muslim populations. We have obviously obtained Halal certification in order to supply those markets. Products manufactured by our organisation include flour, stockfeed, gluten, starch, ethanol and sugar, among many others. The Halal certification costs are fairly minimal for the majority of our plants and do not even come into consideration when costing our final products, especially when compared to many other overheads.

We have, however, recently acquired a meat processing facility. I do know the Halal certification costs for that arm of the organisation are considerably higher, I assume due to more stringent and frequent inspection procedures. Whether these costs are factored in separately to the final costing of the products of that facility, I'm not sure, as I do not have much to do with that plant.

With regards to Coopers, I would assume their malt is Halal certified for supply to industries other the brewing, so if any costs are passed on, I would assume it would be to those markets rather than the Brewing and Home Brewing industries. However, without having internal knowledge of their business practices, this is speculation on my behalf.

Not surprising to see a lack of credible posts in this thread just quietly, you _can_ be a Muslim and be against the Islamisation of Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamization

Halal products are harmless in and of themselves, however the proceeds from the certification costs can actually, and often do go towards organisations that do actually further the lobbying, resources etc for Islamic education. This is Sharia - don't criticise anyone stating it unless you've actually researched it.

It's true that Halal certification doesn't actually fund terrorism, but the very unfortunate reality is that increased Islamisation results in an increase in terrorist activity, this is evidenced globally, sorry.

SnakeDoctor said:
Not surprising to see a lack of credible posts in this thread just quietly, you _can_ be a Muslim and be against the Islamisation of Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamization

Halal products are harmless in and of themselves, however the proceeds from the certification costs can actually, and often do go towards organisations that do actually further the lobbying, resources etc for Islamic education. This is Sharia - don't criticise anyone stating it unless you've actually researched it.

It's true that Halal certification doesn't actually fund terrorism, but the very unfortunate reality is that increased Islamisation results in an increase in terrorist activity, this is evidenced globally, sorry.
And the irony is muslims are in the order of 85 to over 90% (NCTC report) more likely to suffer terrorist causalitys inflicted by their coreligionists than by 'infidels'.

luggy said:
Just drank a cooper's green, was tasty with no hint of funding terrorism at all
Was the bottle facing Mecca when you rolled it?

wide eyed and legless said:
Everyone has a right to criticise and express an opinion and call things as they see them, even religion, those who are quick to label such a person as being prejudiced are not seeing how they themselves are being prejudice to that persons opinions.
everyone has a right to criticise and express an opinion. when that opinion is racist or bigoted, and people have discussed why it is such, they also have a right to say "hey, that's racist".

i don't see any prejudice in that whatsoever, in fact, i see truth and bravery in it. i think it's important for people to speak up against racism and not let it slip under the rug.

fletcher said:
everyone has a right to criticise and express an opinion. when that opinion is racist or bigoted, and people have discussed why it is such, they also have a right to say "hey, that's racist".

i don't see any prejudice in that whatsoever, in fact, i see truth and bravery in it. i think it's important for people to speak up against racism and not let it slip under the rug.
Well said Fletch. People are entitled to their own opion, but they are not entitled to their own facts. Lazy assumptions should be challenged, whatever they are. The aim isn't to 'one up' anyone or to project some air of superiority, just to move to a more reasoned position. It may have got Plato his hemlock but it is a noble cause. There has been a number of people who have done the research and I think the thread has generally gone in a positive direction

I just did a skerrick of googling into mike holt, the guy behind restore australia, the political organisation behind the website qldkev linked earlier.

No Stephanie Banister may not have written it but ol' mike was a one nation candidate for fairfax with the same campaign. Check him out - you can buy some of his paintings and listen to a song or two while you're doing it. Don't forget to buy his book.

Couldn't be bothered to read through this entire thread, but might it just be that Coopers obtained their Halal ticket so their spent grains could be fed to cattle destined for halal slaughtering?

fletcher said:

I never read anything that was racist or bigoted in any of the posts, just someone expressing their opinion, no one was trying to influence anyone else that their own opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. I can't see any truth or bravery in wanting to label someone a bigot or racist who doesn't deserve that label.

warra48 said:
Couldn't be bothered to read through this entire thread, but might it just be that Coopers obtained their Halal ticket so their spent grains could be fed to cattle destined for halal slaughtering?
That's the kind of sensible, logical, unparanoid rubbish that this thread has been working hard to avoid...

...then again you have no evidence, so on second thought, your comment is totally appropriate for this thread. :p

Latest posts

Back