Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that " the" religious beliefs mentioned originate from the same geographical area....

spog said:
Interesting that " the" religious beliefs mentioned originate from the same geographical area....
The middle of a ******* desert.

spog said:
And, in the case of the big three Abrahamic religions, are based upon an angel delivering divine instruction to unlearned and illiterate individuals in caves who fit the textbook definition of a person in the grip of a psychotic delusion who had their 'visions' interpreted by others to be the literal word of god.

Seems legit.

Dave70 said:
And, in the case of the big three Abrahamic religions, are based upon an angel delivering divine instruction to unlearned and illiterate individuals in caves who fit the textbook definition of a person in the grip of a psychotic delusion who had their 'visions' interpreted by others to be the literal word of god.

Seems legit.
Personally I've never worked out how those releigions (particulartly verions 2.0 and 2.1) managed to displace the drinking, eating, orgy (plus occasional sacrifice) based pagan rituals and a Vahalla-esque view of heaven with piety, obedience, tithing and a heaven filled with harps and fluffy white clouds (or endless virgins).

Its all bollox, but at least the pagan bollox was interesting

Blind Dog said:
Personally I've never worked out how those releigions (particulartly verions 2.0 and 2.1) managed to displace the drinking, eating, orgy (plus occasional sacrifice) based pagan rituals and a Vahalla-esque view of heaven with piety, obedience, tithing and a heaven filled with harps and fluffy white clouds (or endless virgins).

Descriptions of heaven and its trappings, you'll notice, are kind of limited and wishy washy at best.
Descriptions of hell on the other hand are vast, concise and numerous, once again betraying their man made origins. A little Dante's inferno anyone?

Those crafty theists worked out early on you keep the credulous riff raff in check easier with the promise of brutal punishment rather than the enticement of fluffy clouds, harps and white raisins virgins. Tee hee hee..

Ducatiboy stu said:
I blame it all on the government putting Fluoride in the water....
No way. It's the conspiracy theorists who are actually at the centre of all the conspiracies so they're sure they'll have something to theorize about. They're the one effing it all up.

Well , I'm starting a petition to God/Allah/Yahweh/ The FSM for the return of my foreskin. Apparently, If i get 100 000 signatures He MUST return it by LAW. Or would submitting a simple online poll do the trick?

elcarter said:
I don't care who you are, nor where you come from....
Probably the most OT post of the thread, but that line just reminds me of;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPD7Bf4BfFI

Now, back to the certification battle of brewers malt!

wereprawn said:
Well , I'm starting a petition to God/Allah/Yahweh/ The FSM for the return of my foreskin. Apparently, If i get 100 000 signatures He MUST return it by LAW. Or would submitting a simple online poll do the trick?
Don't go ticking off the almighty otherwise he may decide to re issue you with a vagina out of spite. (smite).

Blind Dog said:

V2.1 was certified by christ so is fair game.

wereprawn said:
Assuming the success of the GetUp (Get it up?) campaign, have you worked out a reattachment methodology yet?

Now, back to the certification battle of brewers malt![/quote]

Just when I thought the dust had settled you go n say that. Haha

Droopy Brew said:
Assuming the success of the GetUp (Get it up?) campaign, have you worked out a reattachment methodology yet?
I assumed it would be by the Hand of God. One can only hope he's kept up a moisturising regime.

I would love to walk thru the pearly gates and see God & Allah holding hands. That would make my day as I swilled down my first schooner

wereprawn said:
You can't get it back, its been used already (anyone for salt and pepper deep fried calamari rings?)

Back