Is coopers halal?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
I never read anything that was racist or bigoted in any of the posts, just someone expressing their opinion, no one was trying to influence anyone else that their own opinion is right and everyone else is wrong. I can't see any truth or bravery in wanting to label someone a bigot or racist who doesn't deserve that label.
IMO, there's been a few that were close to pushing my button, but I just think they're both pretty big labels to pull the trigger on. If someone expresses a vague, undefined unease at where the money from halal certification goes, it doesnt (IMO) make them racist or bigoted, just someone wanting a reliable answer to a question that bothers them from a source they can trust. Given the amount of ridiculous misinformation about, it shouldn't be surprising that the question is asked. Labelling the questioner as a bigot or racist isn't (IMO) likely to lead to a reasonable discussion. Various posts here may well have helped answer that question.

someone suggesting that the residents of this country should accept/respect the laws, freedoms and democratic process we take for granted isn't (IMO) a racist or bigot, but actually rather sensible if that's all they are suggesting.

So pretty much in agreement. Which is nice

(Although I still really don't get why anyone would give a flying **** if Coopers malt was halal certified or not. Cest la vie)

goomboogo said:
Halal; It's the 90% fat content that concerns me.
Just start eating a paleo diet and you can stop worrying.

Funny thing about that new baby paleo diet book, you'd think paleo baby's would have been raised on the breast and not given the prime cuts of liver that would have gone to the hunters.

Could be something in this whole bunnings mecca thing...

bunn0.jpg

Why are Coopers Halal certified.

Because they are one of the largest suppliers of malt to the baking industry. And they export to Asia, which has a very high Muslim population

Coopers sell malt to foreigners? How unaustralian. I feel as if I'm being ripped off by an undefined mystery entity that has the potential to do something I might dislike if I knew what it actually was.

manticle said:
Coopers sell malt to foreigners? How unaustralian. I feel as if I'm being ripped off by an undefined mystery entity that has the potential to do something I might dislike if I knew what it actually was.
Alas Manticle, but truth beknown, Coopers do sell malt to foreigners

I agree with Crusty's #52 post.
Halal certification and not supporting it IS NOT racism,how can it be !
My words:The multiethnic Australia is a fact of history. What is your,my,our cultural background or heritage ?
And if any person wishes to emigrate/ come to this country,your country,my country,our country. Do it legally or **** off !
This is Australia,Australia IS a Christian Democratic country, be prepared to fit in or **** off.

And all this from a bullshit advertisment involving ( maybe) Coopers Brewing ?
I am partial to Coopers and if you don't like it......**** off.

Ahh, bugga,should have posted this in the rant thread......too late now.

Australia is a Democratic country. There is a clear seperation of powers between the the Church and the Government.

The majority of Australians are Christian, but thats all.

Yes, actually Australia is secular. Halal is religious, Kosher is religious and so are many other things. In actual fact these are symbols of religion, not the actual religion. I respect these things however, there's nothing in the world that would convince me that all religions in the world are not man made, all religions are fairy tales for grown-ups as far as I'm concerned. IMHO

what's the % of Jedi these days?

I got all pissed off about paying extra for halal certified foods and then after about 5 minutes of reading realised I'm paying for heart tick etc etc. They are a business just as the halal organisation is, if you don't like capitalism well that's just unaustralian.

xenophobia will do more damage at home the crazy minority half way across the world.

In saying that, I don't think religion is logical, rational or neccessary...that's for another thread.

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about whats written on the label. Who bothers reading the whole label, especially after reading the nutritional panel and realising that its full of sugar and salt and will probably kill you

Beware them Hindu's....

They are nearly 15% of the global population

Ducatiboy stu said:
Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about whats written on the label. Who bothers reading the whole label, especially after reading the nutritional panel and realising that its full of sugar and salt and will probably kill you
What are you trying to say, what is the point you are trying to express - get across to everybody?

Latest posts

Back