Iphone Apps For Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelinz

Reaction score
I love the idea of using my iPhone instead of having to run back to my PC during a brew session. There are a few apps out there - basic calcs, brew recipe apps, and plenty of just fun beer related stuff.

I thought a thread for ppl to share their recommendations and opinions might be helpful.

So if you have tried an app or have one you can't brew without how about sharing it here.

rgds mike

Note to mods - Hope this is the right place.

BeerAlchemy Touch.

It's new. I expect a few issues but so far it looks awesome

RDP or VNC - connect to your PC and use your regular brew software.

Have you VNC'd your PC with an iPhone?

Dude... you have the patience of err...

Anyway. -snip- -libelous remarks!

What would you want from your phone, brew wise,

A recipe list that you could scale?
A Mash/Boil/Hop timer that wakes you up?
An Inventory that mails Ross when you get low (haha!)
All relevant BJCP info (like the 'to style' guide in beersmith?)

What tickles you?

BeerAlchemy Touch.

It's new. I expect a few issues but so far it looks awesome

I've been waiting for this one.

Others that are not too bad are

Brewmath
iBrewMaster

Franko

I use brewmath for quick calculations during the brew day - doesn't always line up with the numbers from beersmith, but generally it seems pretty solid.

What would you want from your phone, brew wise,

An Inventory that mails Ross when you get low (haha!)

BeerAlchemy and now BeerAlchemy touch does this function

Franko

5_small.jpg

BeerAlchemy and now BeerAlchemy touch does this function

Franko

Franko, stop playing with your toys & :
1. make my label <_<
2. fire up the red rocket :lol:

:icon_cheers:

croz

I have played with the iPhone version... but not actually brewed with it yet (fermenter is full). However it is basically a direct port of the Mac based BeerAlchemy software that I use all the time ...and I like that a lot.

Yes it supports extract brewers.

Have you used it?

Its good for only AG? Or would extract brewers benefit? Kits?

Beeralchemy viewer will be released for iPhone soon too. It's a free program allowing you to veiw all your recipes on your phone. I have beeralchemy on my laptop so I don't really see the need to have beeralchemy touch as the viewer is mainly what I'm after.

+1 for Beer Alchemy for iPhone i am an extract brewer atm as i am still learning and i must say it is fairly simple to use and comes in very handy when out in the brewshed, my only gripe is that i do not have a Mac i have a PC so cant use the parent program to Sync recipes from my comp to iPhone and vise versa, but still great as a standalone app. **** four stars

Well, 12 months on from this thread.
I have been forced to upgrade from my Motorola Brick and decided to go all out and get iPhone 4.
Might as well use it for everything I can so any suggestions other than those already mentioned?
Would be nice to be able to get Beersmith on there ey!

Cheers
Nige

Edit:- Looking at Brew Pal, site says will be able to import/export BeerXML files in next version. Anyone used current version?

I've just started using BeerAlchemy on my mac. It has iphone app that you can sync with it.

+1 on the brew mathe for quick calcs on brew day i find it very helpful for working out bitterness and alc% i am still playing with the other apps but i will look into beer alchemy it sounds the goods what i have found with other apps is they are primarily made for the US so changing the units can be challenging

I've just started using BeerAlchemy on my mac. It has iphone app that you can sync with it.

I am thinking of upgrading to Mac in the near future, BeerAlchemy was on my list to look at. Has anyone been using this program for a long time?

If you've got a mac you can use a program called Crossover to run windows programs like Beersmith.

Back