Iphone Apps For Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one forked out the 9 bucks for iBrewMaster? Sounds awesome but bit more $$$ than the others, good enough to pay for?

As mentioned in another thread recently the new app from Cascade is out.
Search for 'Brewers Nose' and it will come up (also free to buy).
This is obviously a fair bit of advertising for Cascade but the barcode scan for beer works well, tried it on a couple I had in the fridge with no problems.
It's already been mentioned in this thread. And it has nothing to do with brewers. It's a drinking app nothing to do with brewing.

HopsMadness is a good (free) little reference app.
Never been able to find this app.

Sweet, the support I'd a big thing also for me with the iPhone apps. Most of the paid ones have very little

I am thinking of upgrading to Mac in the near future, BeerAlchemy was on my list to look at. Has anyone been using this program for a long time?

i use beer alchemy and couldn't be happier, plus you can convert to beersmith files if need be.

Decided to go with Brewpal, seems pretty damn good, we'll see come a brewday

With last nights brew I used brewmath for Sg conversions etc and Brewingalarm for my actual brew prcoess. Brewing alarm allows you to load xml files in itunes so I was able to create my recipe in brewmate, then send it to my iphone and open in brewing alarm.

It has all the countdown timers etc, the only problem I have with it is that it converts say 19 grams of hops to 1.9 grams of hops.

I tried entering my grams into brewmate as 19 instead of 19.00 as its usually displayed but this caused brewmate to crash. So if they fixed this problem it would be even better.

Brewpal seems okay but as far as I could tell you still cant import xml files into it, or am I wrong??

ibrewmaster is pretty good. Only complaint is that they are missing a few of my favourite hops, particularly the NZ hops don't get much of a run, and there is no option to add hops or ingredients not in the database. Otherwise the OGs are lining up with as calculated. I still miss my BrewMate after going to MAC and am hanging out for a MAC version, but ibrewmaster is doing the job in the interim just fine.

Lab timer is a pretty good timer app. 4 side by side timers, free app. I wish hopville brew calculus had an app or at least iPhone compatible web interface.

Another great app for brewing is Springpad, even though its not a brewing app as such.

I use the Springpad applet in Chrome to snip any important bits of information from here or other websites, and copy and paste information from PM's or emails such as formulas or how to work out efficiency etc, brewing bookmarks, pictures of items I want to purchase.

Ive got them all saved in a folder in Springpad called brewing tips and I can access them on brew day from my iphone.

for anyone with a real phone.. lol

brewr is a great app for android. i use it for my hop additions, it has a timer. i think i paid for it but not sure.

i export recipes from beersmith to qbrew then save to my phone.

Back