I'm new and this may be a dumb question!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I suppose your next question is " if it looks clean and smells clean, do I really have to sanitize my fermenter?"
Also those plastic beer bottles hold some serious pressure before they let go. A standard plastic 600ml soda bottle will hold 100 psi before failing and they are thinner than the plastic beer bottles. I have heard of the plastic beer bottles blowing the door off a bar fridge when they go BANG.

Do it at your own peril.... but please upload the video for us to laugh at.

lilmacca30 said:
why let that co2 escape through the air lock? why not put as many carbination drops in the bottles? would save on carbination drops!

and the new coopers kit doesnt come with an air lock, just some collar that you cant see whats going on.

im aware they may blow, however i love testing the water with stuff before i take it seriously because then i know my limits. so ive bottled a couple and placed in a 50L water tight container with a lid, and will let you know how it goes or blows!
Seriously dude, carbonation drops are made of sugar, and sugar is pretty cheap.
Risking life & limb, (plus a wasted batch worth of ingredients) all for a few cents worth of sugar gets you all the flaming you deserve.
Read the instructions.

aesthetics said:
I'm guessing 7 days till it explodes, maybe sooner.
Place your bets, odds are:

2-1 7 days or less
50-1 7 days or more

And remember there are no dumb questions, just dumb people

It does almost sound like he doesn't understand that the wort contains sugars, the carbonation drops (or any alternate sugars for the purpose) are added after the wort sugars are fermented out and not at the same time.

http://howtobrew.com/intro.html

Experiments are good but like previously stated, this one is dangerous. He has taken some precautions, but i wouldn't want to be opening the lid of the airtight container without a face shield. If you really want to give this a try, and it seems like your desired end result is exploding bottles, maybe try a few with different gravity readings? ie bottle some at 1030, 1025 1020 that sort of thing.
but really whats the point - all you are doing is trying to make them explode. just go shoot a few cans you have shaken up, it will give the same result...

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I have 4 daughters, that's my excuse.
That's the oldest excuse in the book....

Another simple analogy is for the OP to block his car exhaust with a cork, and gaffa tape it up REAL GOOD...start the engine and see what happens

better still, fit a blow off hose to the exhaust and pipe the other end into the car.

sit in the car with all windows up and rev the clappers out of it.

Just to see what happens of course

Not even Mythbusters would bother with this experiment. The result is a forgone conclusion.

Interlopers all of you. Sometimes you just need to let nature run its course.

I'm gonna say the same thing as everyone else again but wrap it in a death threat.

Because I'm helping.

Latest posts

Back