I'm Anti Anti-moslems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bullshit and bad-vibe provoking thread pertains to homebrewing how?? :angry:

It doesnt.
Kinda reminds me of a another chaps thread about the delai lama (sp?)
Cheers
Steve

My cousin-in-law is a Muslim from Morocco. One of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Pistol my ancestors too can be traced back about that far.

I only hate shit people, but I can hate on a religion if I want, not the people that practise it, and I hate on ALL religions, even Buddhism. That's just me.

The boat people stuff really gets me angry. So many idiots up in arms over nothing. I hate the inference that we are to judge our politicians on their record for handling boat people.

I'm with you there Pat. I personally know at least one Muslim, who incidently, happens to also have been an Afghan refugee in the 1980's. Refugees aren't refugees because it's fun. It isn't. It is the worst thing you could possibly have happen to you, bar torture and/or death. This friend of mine witnessed some pretty nasty stuff at the hands of the Soviet army. Ever seen an invading army's tank veer from its path to purposely run over your pet dog? and then back over it for effect? These sorts of things are still happening all over the world, and as an international citizen, Australia is not doing its fair share.

Down with hate and down with the hate-mongers.

My ancestors arrived at various intervals since about 1801... the first lot came out from South Wales to work in the coal mines in New South Wales... the latest arrived some time after WWI, but before WWII. I'm not sure there is any correlation between how long one's family has been here and how hateful they are. I could probably find a correlation between socio-economic groups, or "religious" groups. From my limited experience, I have seen the most anti Muslim and anti-immigration to come from the religious right (I must stress that I mean right as in the opposite of left, rather than correct). They seem to perpetuate intolerance and difference, rather than forgiveness and tolerance as they claim.

I mean, only about 2% of our population can say that they aren't immigrants... of course, I'm assuming that 40,000 - 60,000 years is long enough to call yourself a native. I have at least 1 Murri friend that would agree with me, but she's a little biased. :p

I'm sick of idiots altogether.

I'm sick of the media turning normal daily events into massive shitstorms just because they involve someone mildly famous or in a position of power. I'm sick of the media turning preliminary scientific data into massive breakthroughs. I'm sick of hippies. I'm sick of commercials and TV programs that brainwash ignorant idiots with misleading or just plain useless information, idiots who then spread it like gospel. I'm sick of politicians that are more interested in keeping their seat by lying than by actually doing something. I'm sick of fat people who make excuses for why they are fat. I'm sick of stupid parents that overfeed and spoil their kids.

But, I live with all of these. There are idiots everywhere, wherever you go, whatever you do. Rise above it. Ignore the e-mail, a response is pointless as they will not listen.

EDIT: I'm more afraid of being bitten on the neck by a thin, pasty emo inspired by Twilight than being victim to an act of religious terrorism.

I'm not an immigrant, I was born here.
What I meant was that only 2% of our population can claim that their family bloodline was here before white people. All white citizens in this country are a result of immigration. If you are not indigenous, then you are a result of immigration.... even if you were born here. That's a simple fact. Hey, I'm one of them... but the way I see it, only the aforementioned 2% of the population can make any sort of credible stance against immigration.

I'm sick of idiots altogether.

I'm sick of the media turning normal daily events into massive shitstorms just because they involve someone mildly famous or in a position of power. I'm sick of the media turning preliminary scientific data into massive breakthroughs. I'm sick of hippies. I'm sick of commercials and TV programs that brainwash ignorant idiots with misleading or just plain useless information, idiots who then spread it like gospel. I'm sick of politicians that are more interested in keeping their seat by lying than by actually doing something. I'm sick of fat people who make excuses for why they are fat. I'm sick of stupid parents that overfeed and spoil their kids.

But, I live with all of these. There are idiots everywhere, wherever you go, whatever you do. Rise above it. Ignore the e-mail, a response is pointless as they will not listen.

Well said Adam.... I could add a few more, but I quit feeding trolls long ago, so i won't give them reason to respond B)

Cheers Ross

racist-brain-ad.jpg

I work with a guy who came over as an "illegal" on a boat.

His story is freaking horrible. His father got abducted one night and tortured for weeks before being sent back home. The parents saved everything they could, and got enough money to get my mate and his brother onto a boat. The kids never saw their parents again. The boat trip sounded like a nightmare - sharks, exposure. At one stage pirates came aboard, started throwing people over the side, took everything on the boat - including the engine and the female travellers - and left everyone else afloat to die.

And after all this, 20 years later he is a well adjusted, productive Australian. The only difference between you and me being a slight accent, a different skin colour and a penchant for four cylinder turbos over aussie V8's (although I'm a turbo man also, so that doesn't really count).

This is not an issue that should be politicised and used to exploit and divide the voting public. People forget that these are real people. Yes, some are dodgy and will become crims, or terrorists, or whatever, but ffs assholes are born everywhere. I'd much rather my "illegal" mate (who is now an oz citizen) coming over on a boat then the bunch of "Aussie" derros down the street who get the cops around every other saturday. Being born somewhere does not make you inherently a better citizen.

I'm not an immigrant, I was born here.

:icon_offtopic:

Oh, I'm not an alcoholic, I was born sober! :icon_cheers:

(I probably wasn't conceived sober, though)

This is not an issue that should be politicised and used to exploit and divide the voting public. People forget that these are real people. Yes, some are dodgy and will become crims, or terrorists, or whatever, but ffs assholes are born everywhere.

Agreed 100%! It's embarrassing that this is politicised. They talk about these guys being 'queue jumpers' but do we really know what the official process is? It seems to me if the official process for coming to this country is so good, why are these guys going through this journey that I wouldn't suffer to my worst enemy?

Also the boat people that are court can at least be registered and tracked more easily. If they do become terrorists surely we would know about it easier than some dickhead that overstayed his visa.

They talk about these guys being 'queue jumpers' but do we really know what the official process is? It seems to me if the official process for coming to this country is so good, why are these guys going through this journey that I wouldn't suffer to my worst enemy?

Boat people make about 16% or thereabouts of people arriving in Australia to claim assylum/refugee status. The vast majority arrive via our airports. Generally speaking, however it is the boat people who have the more genuine reason for refugee status. Boat people however make much better headlines and are a more visible target for media/politicians/idiots pushing emotive bulsh$t anti-immigration rhetoric.

BTW, the nation with highest number of 'illegals' living here in Australia and also the highest number deportations are the English (mainly due to over staying holiday visa and illegal working holidays). But we don't really make much of a fuss about that cos they look similar to us/eat food we recognise/worship similar religions. Go figure.

Remember to absolute desperation makes these people risk everything for the chance at a better life. Far better for you to direct your anger at the people smugglers to profit from this desperation with scant regard for the lifes or well being of those whose money they take.

Cheers SJ

Finally in the right place.
My Kids Are Russian, Swedish, Finnish, Lebanese, Macedonian, English and Jewish Bastards.
Now one knows the difference.
They ask me about God and I say "look around you".
They see House, Schools and Streets of grafitti.
I tell them "that is mankind for you" what was here prior to mankind is what GOD made.
Make the best with what you got.

I don't care if you are a a believer of Islam, Hindu, Buddhism,Jew or Christian.
Belief/ religion is a personal conviction not some thing you impose on other.

The only evil that exist on these planet is from mankind itself.
Blaming religion for the wars is as cynical as Blaming money for all the corruption.

Or blaming Muslims for terrorism, Jews for corporate greed, Aussies for laziness, Swedes for impassiveness, Chinese for the bulging world population.

Then again where there is smoke there is fire :ph34r:

The only hope humankind may have is that the is a soul and if you find redemtion you may come back as a beetle or butter fly.

Seriously now and I mean seriously.

Back to Muslims, I don't hate Muslims but I think they have little sense of humour when it come to caricatures and political satire.
Many, but not all, Muslims see the the Jewish Corporate Israel closely tied with the US senate as the Babylonian threat to Humans and the manifestation of the Devil himself.
Any one supporting Israel is also supporting the devil himself.
Satire that side with Us or belittles Allah is devilish as he is the prophet of truth and Allied with God.
Jesus is the savour for Christians. But if you read the bible, the truth of it that before Christianity Jewish beleifs were very close to Muslims and it was olnt the teaching from two men that separates the sentiments and practicing of they chosen path.
The Jews could not chose because they were blinded by their wealth and standing in society.

Historically Jews are the enemy and if Islam is growing at the pace of knots the Jew better come to their sense or find another planet to live on.

God I love ti jibber about crap
Lord forgiveth me for my foolishness.

Pat...What have you done?! :p

This is kind of funny, because I have just finished reading a bunch of posts on twitter involving Kevin Smith (from Jay and Silent Bob fame) paying out on one of the Phelps daughters from the Westborough Baptist Church. As much as I condone peoples right to believe freely, this church is seriously messed up. They picket the funerals of dead soldiers with signs saying "God hates fags", "Thank God for 9/11" and other stuff, believing that all this is purely God's wrath because man opted not to believe.

But I digress...A lot of interesting posts here. "Belief/ religion is a personal conviction not some thing you impose on other." While I totally agree with this, I believe religion would be a much smoother topic if the devout religious would go for it ;) I love talking to religious people about what/why they believe what they do. I actually had a JW come door knocking once who took the time to tell me about his interpretation of various bible passages and how he thought they related to current issues, which I thought was really interesting.

As far as generallising goes, I do my best not to. I can totally understand that people are escaping via boat because they come from war torn or poverty stricken countries, but I can't help but get mad when you hear about people that won't get off a boat because they have to spend too long in Indonesia getting processed? I don't mean to be offensive, but surely if the situation you're coming from is really that bad, you'll take what you're given? And what sort of vibe is that going to send to the rest of the world?

As someone above said, the best way to deal with idiots is to rise above. The world seems to get into these cycles of anger, and the masses follow like sheep. Personally I do my best to break the cycle. If it's one less link in the chain, it can't be a bad thing. It really gets to me when you hear stupid shit like people getting abused in road rage incidents and the like. I mean seriously, why? The dude cut in front of you, get over it and go home. People are too wound up and I think they just look for something to complain about. People should just relax and have a home brew :p

How about we start a movement for world peace by means of beer drinking? I'll start now. Who's in? :p

Personally I do my best to break the cycle. If it's one less link in the chain, it can't be a bad thing. It really gets to me when you hear stupid shit like people getting abused in road rage incidents and the like. I mean seriously, why? The dude cut in front of you, get over it and go home. People are too wound up and I think they just look for something to complain about. People should just relax and have a home brew :p

How about we start a movement for world peace by means of beer drinking? I'll start now. Who's in? :p

Quality statement there NME, well said, and a nice philosophy. More than happy to pick up a beer in the name of world peace, :icon_cheers:

Now ,does this club come with some kind of t-shirt or badge?

Cheers SJ

Now ,does this club come with some kind of t-shirt or badge?
Yes, but it's in the form of a bulk buy, will will take 3 years for everyone to agree on a design, and then fail because not enough people support the final design to get a decent volume price. :lol:

And then we'll have to wait to get it shipped flown shipped flown flown in from China.

The other thing we have to think about is how much intolerance we can tolerate? Sounds like a funny statement, but even the most open minded Muslim is likely to be very anti-homosexual etc.

I find it hard to feel sorry for a minority that doesn't have empathy for other minorities.

It doesnt.
Kinda reminds me of a another chaps thread about the delai lama (sp?)
Cheers
Steve

We can clearly pick the racists. Tell us, Steve, what are your TRUE views on Muslims? Don't gloss it over for the sake of the current discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back