I'm Anti Anti-moslems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolPatch

Reaction score
I'm a bit sick of getting anti-Moslem emails etc. Bit the same with boat people.

My family arrived in Australia on both sides about 1830 - some a bit before.

The most complaints I hear about immigrants are from people who have been here 50 years or less. What's the go there?

Do I know any Moslems directly? Yep - three.

Do I know any boat people directly? Yep - one.

Do I know anyone that has thrown acid in any one's face? No! But I do know a woman who has one leg and has survived her two children and the husband that shot her, the kids and then himself. They looked like Australians but I never asked them how recently she or her husband arrived. I think it was a while ago.

Australia is made up of immigrants. Rarely are any extremists, though there are some. That's the way it goes.

My advice is don't pick on one extremist group, pick on them all! (One Christian woman in America proudly wears a T-Shirt saying, "Praise God and pass the ammunition."

I'm not aboriginal but I am a lot older Australian than a lot of the whingers are. My point is, "What is your point?"

Spot,
Pat

PS Going to directly post/email/link the above to some people I respect. Some, I know will respond well and others will sit on the fence. Will keep you posted on who's who and who did what without prompting.

Looks like GB jumped in before I finalised my first post. Like the way you're thinking!

I am lucky enough to not have ever received an anti moslem (or any other religious or racial group for that matter) e-mail.

I make it my business to not be on speaking terms with anyone who would send such an e-mail... should anyone I know actually send one, we would rapidly cease to be on speaking terms.

I am lucky enough to not have ever received an anti moslem (or any other religious or racial group for that matter) e-mail.

I make it my business to not be on speaking terms with anyone who would send such an e-mail... should anyone I know actually send one, we would rapidly cease to be on speaking terms.

Thirsty's reply above arrived quicker then my email asking him to back me up!

One billion credits to Thirsty methinks!

Stuff the Muslins, Swiss Voile all the way!

Expected better from you Scruffy. You are an English immigrant here of only a year!

But I love you!

PS Going to directly post/email/link the above to some people I respect. Some, I know will respond well and others will sit on the fence. Will keep you posted on who's who and who did what without prompting.
GB's and TB's willingness to jump in so quickly leaves me with a lot of hope. Maybe I should hold on the PM's etc? Have let one or two fly but them's the brakes :)

Ha! Interesting stuff.

I'm a bit sick of getting anti-Moslem emails etc. Bit the same with boat people.

My family arrived in Australia on both sides about 1830 - some a bit before.

The most complaints I hear about immigrants are from people who have been here 50 years or less. What's the go there?

Do I know any Moslems directly? Yep - three.

Do I know any boat people directly? Yep - one.

Do I know anyone that has thrown acid in any one's face? No! But I do know a woman who has one leg and has survived her two children and the husband that shot her, the kids and then himself. They looked like Australians but I never asked them how recently she or her husband arrived. I think it was a while ago.

Australia is made up of immigrants. Rarely are any extremists, though there are some. That's the way it goes.

My advice is don't pick on one extremist group, pick on them all! (One Christian woman in America proudly wears a T-Shirt saying, "Praise God and pass the ammunition."

I'm not aboriginal but I am a lot older Australian than a lot of the whingers are. My point is, "What is your point?"

Spot,
Pat

Someone once told me "You can't put brains in idiots". Been proven right so many times. Some people can't help but generalise.

I agree with Nev - why hate anyone, but does anyone remember this from long before 911? Before Salman Rusdie has placed under a Fatwa?

clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.jpg

Gonzales: There is one question, Inspector Callahan: Why do they call you "Dirty Harry"?

De Georgio: Ah that's one thing about our Harry, doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody: Limeys, Micks, Hebes, Fat Dagos, Niggers, Honkies, Chinks, you name it.

Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?

De Georgio: Ask him.

Harry Callahan: Especially Spics.

should be in the OFF TOPIC thred Pat ...

Yeah pat unless ur talking about them not drinking beer.
By the way what's a moslem? related to Muslims maybe?
Edit: found this on google. Relates to pats point about idiots (and trolls)
Ramadan....are curries a good enough reason to become a moslum?

Yeah pat unless ur talking about them not drinking beer.
By the way what's a moslem? related to Muslims maybe?
Edit: found this on google. Relates to pats point about idiots (and trolls)
Ramadan....are curries a good enough reason to become a moslum?

From Wikipedia on the Etymology on the word:

The ordinary word in English is "Muslim", pronounced /'mʊs.lɪm/ or /'mʌz.ləm/. The word is pronounced /'mʊslɪm/ in Arabic. It is sometimes transliterated "Moslem", an older, possibly Persian-based spelling, which some regard as offensive.[8

I just finished finished reading a book on Algerian War of Independance written in the 60's... Moslem all the way :p

I figured there was some proper reason. Just don't say it the was it sounds or u sound like a yank (ie moss-lum)

I figured there was some proper reason. Just don't say it the was it sounds or u sound like a yank (ie moss-lum)

I remember when I first saw this: Qur'an, and had to spend a couple of seconds working out what it was... the context was a widely known religious text, but I'd never heard of it...

Mmust be the trend now to rebrand! :)

Stuff the Muslins, Swiss Voile all the way!
I believe in integration.
I also want to build an Eiffel tower in middle of Tehran.
I want to put the Swedish flag in pace of Union Jack in the Aussie flag.
I want to use the Us senate to Chinese Military testing of biological warfare chemicals
I want to roast a Kangaroo, smoke a wallaby have dash in Wangaratta.
I want to feed A certain nuclear powered Asian regime to the sharks
I want to add three letters to the English alphabet.

What! I cant,,,,,

What's wrong with this world
:ph34r:

Peace, love and warfare

Pat anyway your computer can generate an auto shutdown after about your 4th beer? This bullshit and bad-vibe provoking thread pertains to homebrewing how?? :angry:

Warren -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back