I want to get elected!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey tickler, I respect your give everyone a chance attitude, but doesn't personal experience count for anything? Seriously bro, if the church's practices can be criticised, people should also have an open mind towards criticising other religion-cultural sets for what they propound. It's not a chiseled into stone policy or anything afaik, it's the reality of what they believe in. According to Islam, everyone but a faithful Muslim is an infidel and has to be either converted or eliminated. And most often, it's by whatever means necessary. They can be so myopic in their views that lets say someone converts to Islam, they might have been doing something every year, perhaps celebrating the start of spring as might be the culture of where they live, under Islam, they would find that the observation of any cultural or otherwise practices is deeply frowned on. Why? Because - 'the prophet did not write in the Koran for us to do that, hence it is not necessary for a good Muslim to live his life, so this practice is unislamic and should not be carried out.' They view anything not Islamic with such distrust, it takes generations of removal from their home countries to get them comfortable with anything. The divide is simply too deep.

I have paraphrased but hopefully it explains why I'm no fan of their way of thinking and doing things. Nations that get tagged as Islamic, they don't have a problem. It's the radicals flowing out to other countries, they are a lot of the time rejected by their own people for such absurd hard line relegious views. Anyway, derailed this one enough. Better to let this one go.

practicalfool said:
They can be so myopic in their views
Is that a fact?

You're confusing Islam with Islamism and you need to stop it.

They talk about sustainable actions but in reality it results in lock outs.

there gun policy is aimed disarming lawful gun activities. they are dissapointed that 1million firearms were legally brought into the country for those who sport shoot legally and our current gun ownership laws are a joke.

the example they used was the young lady who went to a range and then stole the firearm,killing herself and her father. this firearm wasn't bought and the range was at fault for poor supervision, not reporting the firearm missing at once to police but they still argue. she had her interview and evaluation and training regarding the firearm at the range. Still those who went through the process to truly own a firearm its a completely different process.

fish13 said:
Still those who went through the process to truly own a firearm its a completely different process.
+1
Tell me about it. Over one year all in all to get membership verified, book and sit the training courses, have criminal record checks, mandatory waiting time - and then yet more mandatory waiting time - just to get a 30 year old single shot rifle that is no threat to anyone.
The Greens' most recent call to ban lawfully held handguns is nuts. If the problem is illegal guns in the hands of crime gangs - the answer is to go after the crime gangs and crack down on illegal guns. Removing lawfully held firearms does nothing except affect hundreds of thousands of sportsmen and women at huge cost.
Those who are afraid of guns should really book into a safety course or 'try shooting' day. Guns are just objects and are no more inherently dangerous than a car, a boat, or home distilled alcohol, for that matter. Stopping dangerous people from having access to tools they can use is the goal - which is why we have licensing for boats, cars, planes, firearms and other activities.

Ypu will never stop criminals from having guns the same way you will never stop illegall drugs.

Any fitter & turner can make a gun in less than a day. I mate of mine showed me some of the guns he made....was very suprised at how effective they where......not only that but they where also silenced.

YoungOne said:
+1
Tell me about it. Over one year all in all to get membership verified, book and sit the training courses, have criminal record checks, mandatory waiting time - and then yet more mandatory waiting time - just to get a 30 year old single shot rifle that is no threat to anyone.
The Greens' most recent call to ban lawfully held handguns is nuts. If the problem is illegal guns in the hands of crime gangs - the answer is to go after the crime gangs and crack down on illegal guns. Removing lawfully held firearms does nothing except affect hundreds of thousands of sportsmen and women at huge cost.
Those who are afraid of guns should really book into a safety course or 'try shooting' day. Guns are just objects and are no more inherently dangerous than a car, a boat, or home distilled alcohol, for that matter. Stopping dangerous people from having access to tools they can use is the goal - which is why we have licensing for boats, cars, planes, firearms and other activities.
semiauto handguns only lefties are supposed to use half truths.

citizensnips said:
Ha, not trying to be an ass clown but it sounds like your working to undo everything Australia has done with regard to environment/firearms for the past 20 years. There's a good reason we did it in the first place. Still good on you for actually doing something. That said I wholeheartedly disagree with your parties policies. I do not want people given firearms for self defence.
I think that's the biggest load of shit I've ever read on this site.

booargy said:
semiauto handguns only lefties are supposed to use half truths.
after a while it all starts running together in my mind. They just want to get rid of everything.

For such a 'pro-tolerance' bunch it fascinates me how much they enjoy interfering in the lives of others.

YoungOne said:
+1
Tell me about it. Over one year all in all to get membership verified, book and sit the training courses, have criminal record checks, mandatory waiting time - and then yet more mandatory waiting time - just to get a 30 year old single shot rifle that is no threat to anyone. really?
Those who are afraid of guns should really book into a safety course or 'try shooting' day. Guns are just objects and are no more inherently dangerous than a car, a boat, or home distilled alcohol, for that matter. Poppycock, you should move to texas. Stopping dangerous people from having access to tools they can use is the goal - which is why we have licensing for boats, cars, planes, firearms and other activities.

Do your research seamad. If you own a gun, a knife and a car in australia - you're more likely to die in the car or in an incident involving the knife than with the gun.

bum said:
Is that a fact?You're confusing Islam with Islamism and you need to stop it.
It's the proponent that I'm faced with, his faith had never enter my mind before his face was thrust into my view. I can't thus fault the faith he might be supposed to profess, only the one he portrays. I don't go to a swap meet naked with my body parts labelled into culinary categories with spice suggestions.

YoungOne said:
Do your research seamad. If you own a gun, a knife and a car in australia - you're more likely to die in the car or in an incident involving the knife than with the gun.
No need for research, unless you count nra propaganda as factual.
Cars are designed for transport, knives for food prep ( not counting illegal types) and guns, unless I'm mistaken, are designed to kill things ?

seamad said:
No need for research, unless you count nra propaganda as factual.
Cars are designed for transport, knives for food prep ( not counting illegal types) and guns, unless I'm mistaken, are designed to kill things ?
Ah yes, the 'need' argument.

As my signature notes, If 'need' (or 'genuine need') was the criterion of validity for all human activity, then the world would be a place without joy.

There are many things that can be banned on the basis that there is no 'need' for them. Including alcohol, Comrade.
Be careful what you wish for.

seamad said:
No need for research, unless you count nra propaganda as factual.Cars are designed for transport, knives for food prep ( not counting illegal types) and guns, unless I'm mistaken, are designed to kill things ?
That's pretty much the point, there isn't another mundane use for a gun that justifies them.

I have no need for a firearm or want but there are people who do. rangers, farmers, police and pest controller- in some lines- and then those who do it for hunting, target shooting and competition. We back responsible ownership of firearms. t

we all use knives. a knife is one of main items used in domestic violence but we don't see them being banned do we? only restrictions on some.

this a great thread guys keep talking about and on election think seriously about what you are voting for.

seamad said:
and guns, unless I'm mistaken, are designed to kill things ?
Guns are simple, mechanical pieces of hardware designed to eject projectiles at speed for a number of purposes. Sure, they CAN kill. So can knives.
Knives are simple pieces of material, sharpened to facilitate cutting/slashing/piercing/penetrating objects. Sure, they CAN kill. So can guns.

I recognise the point guns are tools. All the above comparisons fail to recognise that if the task you're trying to achieve is making c*unts dead, generally the most effective tool would be a fire arm.
Shovels don't dig holes, people do. But it's a shit load easier to dig a hole with a shovel than your hands.

jlm said:
I recognise the point guns are tools. All the above comparisons fail to recognise that if the task you're trying to achieve is making c*unts dead, generally the most effective tool would be a fire arm.
Shovels don't dig holes, people do. But it's a shit load easier to dig a hole with a shovel than your hands.
Not really. Hunting firearms or sporting semi-autos aren't 'battle weapons'. You'd be better off with different tools if you were a maniac.
Most hunting rifles of a consequential calibre can be shot once or twice and then need to cool down for a good 30 minutes before you can shoot them again. In that time everyone else would have clobbered you.

Australians don't have the same type of devices and weapons that Americans do - because firearms here are for simple hunting, agricultural or sporting purposes - not for a citizen's milita.

Latest posts

Back