I Put 1kg Of Redskins In My Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On tap now, and dispensing from my place from 2pm on Sunday for the local naysayers.

It tastes great!
Probably a little drier and hoppier than i would like, but Im already planning the 2nd version with a more hefty grain bill and less hop bitterness.

I declare this experiment a great success.

Borat_Great_Success.jpg

Hmm... when you drink the beer, its like someone next to you is eating one and you can smell it, but primarily you can smell hops and 'beery' beer.
When you have finished the bitterness fades, and you can taste the redskin flavour clearly.

On tap now, and dispensing from my place from 2pm on Sunday for the local naysayers.
It tastes great!
Probably a little drier and hoppier than i would like, but Im already planning the 2nd version with a more hefty grain bill and less hop bitterness.
I declare this experiment a great success.

PICS or it didnt happen! :p

Hmm... when you drink the beer, its like someone next to you is eating one and you can smell it, but primarily you can smell hops and 'beery' beer.
When you have finished the bitterness fades, and you can taste the redskin flavour clearly.
Just want to through this question out there, as it is kind of on the topic - Has anyone made Homer Simpson's SkittleBrau? You know, the beer with pieces of candy floating in it?
drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

If no-one has had a crack at it before, what do people think on how you would go about it?

Shame you live so far away! Would love to try it!
Id pay some pstage for it :p

Congrads for being different!@!

I don't rekon you could make Skittlebrau..

My assumption is Skittles would sink in the beer. (That's if you can get them through the tap) :blink:

For floating candy you would have to go with something like marsh mallow... hmmmm Marsh Mallow stout....

I don't rekon you could make Skittlebrau..

My assumption is Skittles would sink in the beer. (That's if you can get them through the tap) :blink:

For floating candy you would have to go with something like marsh mallow... hmmmm Marsh Mallow stout....

That, Sir, sounds like a challenge!

I'll just have to find out what gravity is required to make skittles float...

Just want to through this question out there, as it is kind of on the topic - Has anyone made Homer Simpson's SkittleBrau? You know, the beer with pieces of candy floating in it?
If no-one has had a crack at it before, what do people think on how you would go about it?

Well I have had a mate dump some skittles in my beer when I was not looking.
Not great, the colour leeches off them, and they become white blobs in the bottom of your glass. So they sink.
They are also pitted and act as nucleation sites for the co2 to come out of solution.

didn't taste so great either.

Hardly a scientific test though.... Have fun :icon_cheers:

me wonders how allens killer pythons will go. all these confectioneries obviously need to be chopped and grinded up amirite?

I remember doing an experiment in high school where we tested the pH of Skittles...turns out they were quite acidic, which could have relative negative impacts on your beer!

Skittles would leave a fatty deposit just like when you make skittle vodka
unless there is a way to get around this

Looks like liquid beetroot!

Good luck with version #2 SB.

Latest posts

Back