I Froze My Larger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempee

Reaction score
Hi all new to this forum have been brewing for about 15 years now.
After reading some posts here I decided I'd condition my brew in frig, I set t/stat to low and froze it!
Its been in frig a week, and froze in the last 2 days.
Have turned frig off and will moniter defrost, and then return to 2oC
Anyone have any idea what is likely to happen?

Thanks
Adam

Yeah soz I keg

The only possible side effect is that your yeast may have died or will be sluggish, if you are bottling it may be beneficial to throw in some more yeast.

I know what happens if you decant off the ice.....only if the yeast is not dead potentially Eisbock :)

The only possible side effect is that your yeast may have died or will be sluggish, if you are bottling it may be beneficial to throw in some more yeast.

+1, might be an idea to get yourself a fridgemate or something along those lines if you don't already have one, fridge stats are fickle little things.

Good Luck

Aaron

Rack off...

Leave teh ice there...

it will make good beer.

If in doubt have a taste...you have made an eisbock.

My dumb or maybe not never heard of eisbock till now.
Searched it and found I not alone we all make mistakes - don't tell the director of finance that, she never is.
Anyhow keen to taste it now,
Thanks for the replies.

Adam

Hi all new to this forum have been brewing for about 15 years now.
After reading some posts here I decided I'd condition my brew in frig, I set t/stat to low and froze it!
Its been in frig a week, and froze in the last 2 days.
Have turned frig off and will moniter defrost, and then return to 2oC
Anyone have any idea what is likely to happen?

Thanks
Adam

Yeah soz I keg

Just read the thread title.

( snicker snicker ) Now tell us how big it really was.

NickJD you sure?

Could of sworn ice it gets bigger

"Cracka" about a 100th the size of your head by the sound of it, if that was an attempt at humor keep your day job.

I hope to be half as good as you some day!!!!!

Sorry for asking what I thought was a quite reasonable question, thats what its about isn't it?

One thing i've learnt is if you don't have anything "Positive" to say don't say anything, you won't end up looking stupid to others.

"Cracka" about a 100th the size of your head by the sound of it, if that was an attempt at humor keep your day job.

I hope to be half as good as you some day!!!!!

Sorry for asking what I thought was a quite reasonable question, thats what its about isn't it?

One thing i've learnt is if you don't have anything "Positive" to say don't say anything, you won't end up looking stupid to others.

I think cracka was just poking fun. Chill chief. Reasonable question but 'larger' means 'bigger' and 'lager means tasty clean beer (or to store cold). Cracka made a joke but I don't think there was any malice involved.

Back