• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hops - free to good homes (SE Melb)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laxation

Phlegm TB
Reaction score
I made out like a bandit at an auction the other day... and now have more hops than I know what to do with.
Don't know if anyone else was there, but hope you got some cool shit too :)

Up for grabs is all this:

Saaz - 300g
Hallertau - 700g
Goldings - 100g
Perle US - 450g
Tettnanger - 600g
Northern Brewer - 500g
Cluster - 100g

Happy to give them away, or swap for one of your beers.

I'd prefer to share it all around to whoever is interested, ie. not first person in getting everything. But whatever you need & will use, let me know.

For anyone involved in the grain bulk buy, I can bring with me on the Saturday.

For some info about their quality (I don’t have much info), these hops have all been kept refrigerated and according to the bloke that owned the place, are still good; nothing at all wrong with them.

There was another set of hops sold yesterday that were dated late last year - best before end of 2019. These will be similarly dated I'd say. Looks like they bought 5kg bags, moved a manageable portion to this lot and left the rest inside their big fridge.

(That second set went for only $160 - and there would have been probably $2k worth of hops there...)

I would be interested in these I'm based in boronia [emoji1303]

I am interested in these hops especially the European ones. Can pick it up on the grain bulk buy day.

Sorry, should have said - let me know what you're after.

Eg. 100g Saaz, 100g Perle etc.

I'd like to share them around

If you don't mind, I would like:
Saaz - 100g
Hallertau - 200g
Perle US - 100g
Tettnanger - 150g
Northern Brewer - 100g

Thanks a lot.

Feck. I wish I was there. Would've had a field day.

Feck. I wish I was there. Would've had a field day.
Some stuff was crazy cheap, other shit went for pretty silly prices... the (old and filthy) electric canning machine went for $13,500 inc fees, it's bloody 15k new, incl tax/import fees/delivery!
the whole brewery was somewhere between 12-15k I think, plus 25%
felt bad for the guy who paid $70 for a keg king reg :(

Gday Lax, if there's any shares of Saaz, Hallertau, Tettnanger or Northern Brewer left I should be able to trade for a bottle or 2 of something interesting :) Cheers

Hex was bundled in with the brewery lots - they all sold together. I think it was 13k plus fees (lots 20-34)
There were a few pumps - but the main one was in the same lot. Others went cheap.

JB & gotsomecraic, 100g of ea? How much will you use

Yep I'll definitely get through 100 & if there happens to be any extras of Hallertau & Tettnanger, would be awesome mate, thank you.

Could i please request 200g of northern brewer, 100g of saaz and 100g of tettnanger
cheers

Hey mate, i'll put my hand up for any Perle, Tettanger, Saaz or Hallertau that still going. 50g - 100g lots of any available would be greatly appreciated. Totes fine if not, or if there's others in greater need.

Happy to bring a few bevvies in exchange - though one of them might be a little Westvleteren12 clone, is that ok? ;) Any particular types of beer you prefer?

Thanks for generously offering these up for AHB members!

I'd never even heard of Westvleteren12 before but it looks pretty awesome! All those are still there except Saaz

@laxation

I'll happily take a bit of anything you want to get rid of. I'm not fussy well be happy for anything that's left.

My bottled stocks are a bit low....so you might end up getting a bottle from the swap.

I have one labeled Laxation stout....Will that do. Haha.

Thanks!
It's from the Vic 2016 xmas case swap & TBH it's only just starting to come good after 6 months (which is pretty damn tasty if i do say so myself), and probably has another 6 months to go before it's meant to hit it's straps. It's only in stubbies, but at ~10% that'll be plenty for one sipping session :cool:.
Any other style you like?

Hex was bundled in with the brewery lots - they all sold together. I think it was 13k plus fees (lots 20-34)
There were a few pumps - but the main one was in the same lot. Others went cheap.

JB & gotsomecraic, 100g of ea? How much will you use
Yep all but the pearle have heaps of that

Back