Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember this happening about 4-5 years ago, was a time of much experiment.

Found new hops like El Dorado, calypso etc. Good times if you care to look at it as a chance to go outside the box

Yeah, every time I edge towards being a too-specific hops weenie I remind myself that some of the best bottled craft beers switch up their hops all the time. That said, some beers are all about a particular hop. Wonder what will happen to Liberty's C!tra IIPA? Now that's upsetting!

Keep in mind that many breweries will be heavily contracted and while they may not get the full contract filled, they're likely to see a percentage..

They will get their cuts before we even get a look in.. There may be limited amounts released to us but dayuum will go fast, blink and miss it sort of stuff.

I think the key here is that if you see hops you think you might like. Buy them then and there.

Will you be getting any interesting hop varieties like the aforementioned El Dorado and calypso? Maybe bravo or the likes?

Will be for sure, I'm on the look now for left of centre types of stuff, I've got 007 on its way now, will be ordering more types over the coming weeks, trouble is of course the exchange and stupid amounts of postage costs from the states, talking and extra USD$60 min to bring in 5kg on top of the cost of the product which also aren't cheap...

Oh well, what ya gunna do?

I love trying different and odd ones so bring it on Yob. Love the effort you put in for us all.

Cheers.

Epic Brewery on Comet hops-

"April this year, in Washington DC at Craft Brewers Conference I meet Reggie Brulotte (sixth generation hop grower) and her dad, they told me about the new Comet hops they had grown. They had only harvest a few bales from a small plot. I ordered some on the spot as they sounded interesting, would suit the One Trick Pony series and they were likely to sell them all within the week.

They referred to Comet as a “retro” hop, as it had been originally released in 1961, and was extremely popular in 1980 & 81 when Guinness had a large contract for them. They fell out of favour partly due to their significant aroma, of citrus and wild American hop characters.

The decision to grow them again after 30 years was based on the desirable citrus aroma character of the hops. These days the focus has become more on aroma hops, which craft brewers love, than just hops for bittering.

A couple of months later the hops arrived in NZ and we brewed a batch, and it was first released at New Zealands premier beer event Beervana in Wellington in early August."

Sounds interesting, Mardoo...I've never heard of them before. US forums are mentioning mega-dank/herbal qualities too.
I'm all for forging new routes...take a path less travelled, and all that !

when are you getting some of the wai ti in now yob

Mattfos01 said:
Will you be getting saaz or is it something you dont stock?
Yes, will be here this week

takai said:
:( Centennial... just came into the thread to ask about it.
will also be here this week

Batz said:
Need Saaz Yob.
As above, should see it tmoz or Wednesday and is first on the chopping block.

Im hoping the 007 will land this week also.

Stacks of Amarillo and Simcoe still to be split, Mosaic is also in today which I can hopefully split this week as well.

Soz for the delay.. been hellishly busy

Saaz and centennial landed, incentive the frypan which is Melbourne cools enough to allow me outside, I'll split and list it, thinking it'll be after 9 tonight.

Choice as

Yob said:
Saaz and centennial landed, incentive the frypan which is Melbourne cools enough to allow me outside, I'll split and list it, thinking it'll be after 9 tonight.

Choice as
Ta

Grabbed a bag of Centennial and a bag of Columbus. But forgot to ask for pickup, so can i pick it up :)

yes, it's on the list of ones to be imported, there is currently no local supply that can be obtained.

This is a result of other varieties being under pressure, the focus switches quickly to other available hops and then they become 'under pressure' so on and so forth until you end up on ******* dwrarf cluster... (I promise it wont get that bad).

Ill check my emails again but I think realistically it will be a few weeks.. but it IS coming.

Latest posts

Back