Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be releasing my own range of liquid yeast, yobs ipa range

Chuck me a pm and I'll see what I can do ;)

Yob said:
I'm going to be releasing my own range of liquid yeast, yobs ipa range
You can't tease like that, tell us more!!!!
Are you culturing and making it yourself? Or are you getting someone to do it for you?

:lol: well, Ive ben culturing myself really..

above wasn't really intended to be literal, though Im happy to share some of the... what started life as Greenbelt but is without a doubt a house strain now... as will be several of the others Im keeping a bank of, through use and selective culturing Im going to end up with about 4 or 5 house strains.

we should do a yeast swap at the Case swap event.. might post something there to see if theres any interest...

"well, Ive been culturing myself really.."

Could this be called cloning ?

not really, you have a certain amount of mutation over the generations so the more you use it the more it will genetically differ from the original sample source.

Keep in mind that you will get about 5 generations per brew (I think, from memory), as in the "Parent" cell may bud 5 times, the offspring bud may, that in itself is the cloning action (clever little buggers) but even so, there may be minute differences even there that add up over time. As living beasts they evolve so while some of the 'cultures' I have are pretty close the the original source yeast, others would almost be completely different genetically.

In and will be listed tonight :)

German Magnum 2013
Citra 2013
Amarillo 2013
Chinook 2013
Summer 2014
Ella 2014
Super Pride 2014
EKG 2013
Vic Secret 2014
Galaxy 2014

:ph34r:

Danwood said:
"well, Ive been culturing myself really.."
Could this be called cloning ?
This was a weak attempt at humour btw...never mind, back to the topic

MetalRooster said:
Yeah next week would be fine for postage so hold the order and i'll order the EKG when it is up on your site. 500g should keep me in the same weight for postage.

thanks mate.
Combined the order, you should receive the postage refund in a few moments.. I dont think I could have stuffed a packet of yeast into that satchel towards the end :lol:

Cheers

Yob said:
Have asked the flowers questions, hopefully will have a date tmoz
Your going to think me a terrible tease... I'll have them (more than likely) by the end of the week...

however...

I need to bottle the case swap beer this weekend and while I'll certainly try to get to splitting the flowers I can make no promises at this point.. apparently the missus will desire some of my time this weekend as well, soooo...

Packages will be split into 250g lots, if you are dead keen to be in on the first round of these flowers, put your name down here and I'll list them for you on the private sales page so you do not miss out.

I'll be starting with 2014 Cascade Flowerz.

No Yob, I am not buying a Hop Back. This brewing caper never stops.... :lol: :lol: :D

Hey Yob,

My hops arrived yesterday morning. Awesome job. Cheers.

Side note: My housemates were a bit sus about the package at one point, something about it packed hops looking like drugs... But I think I've convinced them

Forgot to say that mine turned up too. :D

Too many beers last night :ph34r:

Edit:spelling.

Latest posts

Back