Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Yob,
Is Crystal hops any good? - they sound great on paper.
I was looking at getting a sample pack in my big order from the US (a week before you launched :mellow: ) but ran out of space.
If they're as good as they sound in the descriptions & constituent analysis, then i'd nominate them as a potential candidate for new stock...

This thread reminded me, I want to know if anyone here has used Sylvia?

I am keen to know what it is like. NB, POR, nobles?

Bizier, I've used heaps of Southern Saaz flowers (now called Sylva), got them exactly 2 years ago and still use them. Always in Bohemian Pilseners. Suits it well. Have used on it's own or in combination with Czech Saaz and some German Nobles. Used anywhere from bittering to as late as flameout.

They definitely got that Saazy aroma to them, not exactly the same, but very similar and complimenting. Same goes for flavour.

Pretty sure I got a placing with one of those beers at state level too.

Yob's obviously got a different vintage, so YMMV. Mine were 6.4 %AA.

Good timing on the Northern Brewer, coincidentally found a few recipes in the past few days that call for it, so put me down as a +1.

Should have

GR Magnum
Target
Challenger
Northern Brewer
and fresh Centennial by the end of the week with any luck.

Others incoming next week :blink: B) :ph34r:

Just said hi for you Yob on Coopers Forum,did my bank transfer go arrive.
Dave

Just ordered a bunch of citra off u, looking forward to trying it in my next APA. Great prices Yob!!

Got my hops this morning Yob, all well sealed as per usual.

Cheers for the "bonus pack" of Citra, I've already got my recipe set but I guess another 10g of dry hop can't hurt :D

Yob said:
Like the fridge magnet?

untitled.png

Bloody Australia post slackers. Didn't ring the door bell or leave a card. Lucky the tracking told me which post office they left it at.

Hay mate glad you got it sorted, I suspect he couldnt fit it in the letterbox, totes should have left a card though, Will make a note of it and speak to Aus Post tmoz about it.

Cheers

Bizier said:
This thread reminded me, I want to know if anyone here has used Sylvia?

I am keen to know what it is like. NB, POR, nobles?
Very similar to Czech Saaz, but I reckon it has a bit of the Smaragd about it as well. I've used it in a Vienna/Munich Cross, and I had a bottle (but not very fizzy), but seems to have that spicy mildness with a little floweriness to it.

GR Magnum
Target
Challenger
Northern Brewer
Centennial
Helga (Lmtd)
Sylva (Lmtd)
EKG
CZ Saaz
Galaxy (2013 Pellet)
Hall mitt

All coming in tmoz... FFS

First to be listed will be

Magnum
Challenger
Target
Northern Brewer

Will be listed late tonight or early tmoz, the rest progressively over the weekend.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back