Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im with Winkle,yob some more of the pommy varieties would be tops,Target,Northdown,Challenger etc,excellent service and prices anyway!

Brewers Gold would be nice too.

technobabble66 said:
Great prices and descriptions, Yob: El Dorado ="spunky monkey" lol
Your brief descriptions have become my goto site for hops comparisons ;)

Would you be able to write something in the description for Ozzie Cascade indicating how it differs from US Cascade in either flavour or aroma?

I had a few pints of a pale ale I brewed with the AU Cascade flowers last night, I can't offer too much as the Cascade is paired with Simcoe in that beer through the late additions which muddles the flavour/aroma a bit.

What I can say is that this version of the beer seemed a bit more subtle on the usual grapefruit notes expected, the other thing is I picked up a bit of something different in the aroma, maybe earthiness if that makes sense.

I have an American amber fermenting that has 155g of these flowers thrown in at 10 minutes fermenting at the moment so I should have some more useful feedback in a week or 2.

I'd love to hear some other peoples opinions on what differences are expected with AU Cascade compared to US Cascade though, especially as I have just planted some Cascade rhizomes.

Thanks Donske, that's a great comparison.
Look forward to hearing about the impact of the flowers on the latest!

Hey Yob, one thing i'd like to see is more flowers. No idea if that's commercially viable, or even if you can get many, but just a thought.
POR flowers FTW!!! :unsure:
But seriously, some of the other varieties might be good to try.

technobabble66 said:
Thanks Donske, that's a great comparison.
Look forward to hearing about the impact of the flowers on the latest!

Hey Yob, one thing i'd like to see is more flowers. No idea if that's commercially viable, or even if you can get many, but just a thought.
POR flowers FTW!!! :unsure:
But seriously, some of the other varieties might be good to try.

http://www.hopdealzaustralia.com/#!store/cwvn

down the bottom, in the coming soon section :p

Received all my flowers today thanks.
By the deliveries that have been coming to my door the last week anyone would think they were flowers of a different kind and I must be selling.

winkle said:
Strisselspalt, Target, Brambling Cross, and Northern Brewer would all interest me anyway. i must be due to place an order soon to restock, "its all about saving money SWMBO" ;) .
Without wanting to take any business from you, Yob:

Winkle, I've got a never opened 100g mylar pouch of Strisselspalt in my freezer which I picked up in Unzut about two years ago. I'll never get around to using it so you can have it for nix if you like.

Wouldn't we both, there have been a number of issues, first consignment I was unhappy with quality, second from a different supplier got seized at customs due to incorrect labeling...

3rd time lucky yeah? I certainly hope so, it's giving me the shits no end

symphony1975 said:
Would love to see Magnum
Wouldn't we all! You'll just have to wait. I'm sure Yob will release it only when it's perfected.
Isn't Blue Steel & La Tigre enough for you?

...sorry, too hard to resist the Zoolander reference :D

Yob said:
Send me a PM mate, there is a special offer (kind of) available pretty much on request only

Thanks for the Galaxy flowers special offer with my last order as well Yob, very happy with the products and service I'm receiving. I think Hop Dealz Australia will go a long way.

Batz

:) Thanks for the kind words Batz :)

Now if I can just sort out a permanent supply line to NZ Hops I will be happy as a pig in...

Oh N.Z. hops, you would not believe how I imported these 10 years or so ago, things changed for me very suddenly. You'll get there Yob, keep fighting. :super:

winkle said:
Strisselspalt, Target, Brambling Cross, and Northern Brewer would all interest me anyway. i must be due to place an order soon to restock, "its all about saving money SWMBO" ;) .
Should be hearing back today about

Target
Challenger
Northern Brewer
GR Magnum (unsure as yet if it will be US or GR, preference is for GR)

With any luck I will have them all next week, apologies for the Magnum... er kuffuffles.. to date, with luck, these issues are behind me.

Further to the other offer for strisselspalt, I also have a 100g pack in the freezer Im just not going to get to, brought it back with me last winter from a snowboarding trip, remind me and I will include it for nix for ya mate.

Cheers :beerdrink:

Back