Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Challenger? Good. Been using a heap of it lately - one of my favourite UK hops and I was going to be contacting ellerslie soon for more. I'd rather get it from you if you'll stock it.

List of stuff I will buy regularly:

Cascade
Styrian goldings
Challenger
Tettnanger

Don't stock anything just on my account but if you have it in stock, I will buy from you.

hey I never got a magnet :unsure:

:wacko: Im not sure off the top of my head if I got them before or after your order Batz, Consider it done that there is two in the mail for you by way of compensation :lol:

WEEKEND SPECIAL!!

FREE 1 x 110g Pack of Helga or Sylva with any 3 or more 110g Packs sold over the weekend, this applies to 2 x 450g (1 of each or 2 of) or more bags as as well.

Just keep in mind postage is based on weights.

Seems these hops are not that well known and though Ive not used them yet myself the smell, particularly the Helga was pretty damn good. I dont see them in many recipies so I thought I'd do something to make a bit of noise about them.

Cheers all

Yob

Yob said:
:wacko: Im not sure off the top of my head if I got them before or after your order Batz, Consider it done that there is two in the mail for you by way of compensation :lol:

WEEKEND SPECIAL!!

FREE 1 x 110g Pack of Helga or Sylva with any 3 or more 110g Packs sold over the weekend, this applies to 2 x 450g (1 of each or 2 of) or more bags as as well.

Just keep in mind postage is based on weights.

Seems these hops are not that well known and though Ive not used them yet myself the smell, particularly the Helga was pretty damn good. I dont see them in many recipies so I thought I'd do something to make a bit of noise about them.

Cheers all

Yob
Would 1 x 450g and 2 110g qualify mate?

I'm about to buy a pound of Cascade and smaller packs of Mosiac and Galaxy.

Cheers.

Edit - on second thoughts, I'm not sure I'd use either, not really into the herbal/floral type hops, would be much more interested in trying something more on the citrus/fruit salad/piney type hop if you'd think of extending this to something that would fit one of those flavour notes.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for American hops and it can't hurt to ask.

Donske said:
Edit - on second thoughts, I'm not sure I'd use either, not really into the herbal/floral type hops, would be much more interested in trying something more on the citrus/fruit salad/piney type hop if you'd think of extending this to something that would fit one of those flavour notes.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for American hops and it can't hurt to ask.
Hya mate, the offer is an attempt to expose the two hops mentioned and get some user info out there, they are an Australian hop with not much market exposure in the HB world as far as I can tell, as such, it's not really in the spirit of the offer to branch out onto other non Australian hops that the site lists.

That said, the Calypso I packaged this morning fits the descriptors you mention above, as would Mosaic among others :)

Cheers

Yob said:
Hya mate, the offer is an attempt to expose the two hops mentioned and get some user info out there, they are an Australian hop with not much market exposure in the HB world as far as I can tell, as such, it's not really in the spirit of the offer to branch out onto other non Australian hops that the site lists.

That said, the Calypso I packaged this morning fits the descriptors you mention above, as would Mosaic among others :)

Cheers

Yeah, I'm going to order some Mosiac and am tempted to try some Calypso but I've heard nothing about them so I'm on the fence.

My next 4 brews will be simple SMaSH pale ales with Simcoe, Citra, Galaxy and Mosiac so I've got some time to think about it anyway. Just going to place an order for the hops I don't have for that line up now and I'll think about it some more.

Cheers.

DU99 said:
Thanks DU99, Ive read a fair bit about them, what you just dont seem to see is them pop up in many HB recipes / beers, buggered if I know why, thats why I though I'd make the offer, get a bit out there... especially since it's Lager season down South :lol:

Yob, I'd love it, but at the moment I have enough hops.

But would you like me to write a review of Sylva - I'm about a week or two away from cracking open a Munich/Vienna cross with it.

Picked up my order this arvo from hopdealzaustralia.
Wow, what a generous dude, great prices and I managed to score a couple of the bonus sized packs !!!
Definitely will be ordering from you guys again.

Pleasant experience all round and walked away with a fridge magnet too !!

Thanks Yob, hope your venture keeps going strong.

Yob said:
Should be hearing back today about

Target
Challenger
Northern Brewer
GR Magnum (unsure as yet if it will be US or GR, preference is for GR)

With any luck I will have them all next week, apologies for the Magnum... er kuffuffles.. to date, with luck, these issues are behind me.

Further to the other offer for strisselspalt, I also have a 100g pack in the freezer Im just not going to get to, brought it back with me last winter from a snowboarding trip, remind me and I will include it for nix for ya mate.

Cheers :beerdrink:
dude ur gonna kill me with these prices and varities.

Ha! Yeah well, with any luck there will be another 7 to add to the stable this week... :blink: I think that bring it to about 30 varieties.

puff.. puff.. pant.. pant..

Nice prices Yob. I have a load of galaxy, chinook, and nelson sauvin hops still to work through but running out of cascade and a couple of nobles now... For perspective, my local is trying to squeeze $14.50 for 90g of cascade FFS... I'll pick up some flowers too for a couple of 10 min IPAs. Any chance you can sort some Northdown? One of my favourite english bitter hops.

I will need to recover the finances until next payday to put in an order, but glad to see some good competition in the market mate.

Hay man, I'm trying to get a few Pommie types in ATM to broaden the types Ive got on hand.. Currently looking to get in, hopefully this week,

Target
Challenger
Northern Brewer

TBH Ive not had any requests for Northdown to date and havnt used it myself so will have to look into it.

:icon_cheers:

All good, challenger and target both great hops, and both are good substitutes for northdown. Will you be doing the 450g bags of these?

Should be mate, as a rule of thumb all varieties are offered in both sizes unless down to the last of the stocks and then it it what it is until re stocked.

You need to promote your web page on Google Adwords, your prices are the best, will be ordering in the near future.

Back