Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work Yob.

Couple of my favourites are Vangard and Liberty, you don't hear much about them here but they are fantastic hops.

batz

Pretty sure I tried to get some vanguard before but my order was cocked up and I got something else instead (OS retailer before I was retailing myself) will have to have another look and see if my local supplier can sort it out.

After a pretty epic night brewing and packing, all varieties now listed (I think)

Pretty sure I need a nap...

Just put an order in for a few 450g bags, including some challenger, mosaic and motueka.

Cheers

J

Mosaic has got to be one of the have to try hops going by my recent tastings! It's called Mosaic for a reason.

Hi YOB,Going to have a go at a Yak,what hop could I substitute for Nelson Sauvin

ash2 said:
Hi YOB,Going to have a go at a Yak,what hop could I substitute for Nelson Sauvin
I sub Citra for it, but it isn't a like-for-like substitution, but a tasty one nonetheless. Mosaic would be a new sub, it's a great hop.

Edit: For the record, I love Nelson Sauvin. I'd use it if I wanted its profile.

A half bottle of Sauvignon Blanc?

Nelson has no worthy substitute and if you are having a go at a Yak and the recipe calls for it. Need it.

ed: and what Goomba said, there are others but it wont be a yak... which is no real loss in my book, Id rather go other directions... but thats my tastes mate :)

Your site is looking amazing Yob, great selection you have there.

I have not imported any hops since you started hop deals Australia, and I had been doing that for many years.

Batz

Hi Yob,

Do you get much call for Horizon. I guess it is not an exciting hop like some of the new fruity varieties but it is now my "go to" hop for bittering Australian lagers as it is streets ahead of POR or Super Pride IMO.
Quite a smooth bittering hop.

Cheers

dicko said:
Hi Yob,

Do you get much call for Horizon. I guess it is not an exciting hop like some of the new fruity varieties but it is now my "go to" hop for bittering Australian lagers as it is streets ahead of POR or Super Pride IMO.

Cheers
Really Dicko? I'm close to ordering more hops for my Far Kin Lager, I'll give Horizon a go next time then.

Batz

Donske said:
I would probably buy some Warrior if you stocked it, would save wasting Simcoe for bittering and I figure a 450g pack would last me quite a while being used as a neutral bitterer.

Cascade pellets would be nice too, down to around 100g left.
+1 for Warrior, at around 16% and such a clean (almost invisible) profile in anything with late hops it's the only hop I use for bittering American Ales and the like now. Mind you with 10 grams @ 60m giving 20 IBU, you probably wouldn't need a 450gm pack, perhaps just the 110gm.

dicko said:
Hi Yob,

Cheers
Not to date mate, and TBH with what I have in now and with whats coming in over the next week, I will be struggling to find a place to put many more varieties until some space is made, Ive been aiming for about 30 types and must be pretty damn close, Id like to see a revolving types with not just the same ones week in week out so will certainly look at getting some of the others that have been mentioned.

That said, I had many more queries about Magnum and that was an absolute frikkiin nightmare to get in, Im glad it's all sorted out now though, it smelled pretty damn nice on the weekend around here :)

Batz said:
Really Dicko? I'm close to ordering more hops for my Far Kin Lager, I'll give Horizon a go next time then.

Batz
Hi Batz, it would be great in your Far Kin Lager.
Next time I do that beer I will be using it. i make aussie lagers for my son and the Horizon is streets ahead of the por derivatives.
Doesn't look like Yob can get any in yet, I got my last lot from Yakima in the US. IMO better than Magnum.
It is hard to get at times although I thing CB and Beerbelly stock it from time to time.
Give it a go and tell me what you think...

Cheers

Latest posts

Back