Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mosaic smells great from the airlock (not normally my style, but it was on a fermenter I obtained, so I used it), along with Citra and summit. Really looking forward to trying this one.

Postage update:

Due to a small number of issues with the cheap postage packages either taking their sweet sweet time to arrive or in one recent instance disappearing off the face of the earth it seems... <_< Ive had a look into the options for tracking and have added these items now as Registered Post, this I believe, will do three things,

1: Provide a level of transparency to the business as the item is trackable.
2: Provide the customer and me with assurance that the item has been sent / delivered
3: Ensure that Australia Post is accountable for the delivery of the item. (?)

The last thing I need for this venture is the belief, even by a single person, that Im not doing my all to ensure prompt delivery.

Please check out the delivery options page for the update >HERE<

:icon_cheers: Yob

Yob, you do realise the standard 3kg satchels for $12.00 are also trackable now don't you?

They arent express though was my understanding.. most peeps, myself included like to have the parcels in a minimum time frame. Hence the Express as the default.

The postage prices are all (except above) in line for updating to a new pricing structure shortly which should see a reduction in express prices as well.

Id be happy to add a cheaper and slower option but I dont think there are people calling for slower mail. Happy to add it though.

:icon_cheers:

G'day Yob,

Just placed an order mate. My real names Jamie. Looking forward to some sweet, sweet hops in the mail.

Cheers!

Yob said:
They arent express though was my understanding.. most peeps, myself included like to have the parcels in a minimum time frame. Hence the Express as the default.

The postage prices are all (except above) in line for updating to a new pricing structure shortly which should see a reduction in express prices as well.

Id be happy to add a cheaper and slower option but I dont think there are people calling for slower mail. Happy to add it though.

Sounds great Yob, just wasn't sure if you realised the other option with tracking.

Just ordered my vacuum sealer today mate. Will be ordering soon, I promise. :beerbang: :super: :kooi:

Now listed on the Site in addition to the Hops and Yeast that was already listed.

Yeast
Saf 34/70
Saf WB-06
Saf US-05

Hops
EKG (2012)
Fuggle (2012)

Coming Soon,
Cascade (2012 US)
CTZ (2012)
GR Hallertau Mittelfru (2012)
CZ Saaz (2012)
[SIZE=12pt]NZ Motueka[/SIZE] (2012)
[SIZE=12pt]NZ Pacifica[/SIZE] (2012)

and others :)

Yob said:
Depends how much cheaper and how much slower, I would imagine.

Not much and no guarantee that it would be delivered in the same week, considering that most people are getting parcels within 2 days of placing orders I can't see a reason to change, if someone wants to save $2 on postage, happy to refund the money and provide a snail mail package.

(ed: insert sarcasm font on italics)

Yob said:
Not much and no guarantee that it would be delivered in the same week, considering that most people are getting parcels within 2 days of placing orders I can't see a reason to change, if someone wants to save $2 on postage, happy to refund the money and provide a snail mail package.
Mate, your point of difference is the quick turn around which keeps your product fresh. Going the snail mail option would only lead to complaints. Loosing the reliability/quality of your product model is not worth the $2 saving for the minority. Your business but.

I agree Brad, not something I will look too seriously at and I dont think I will get anyone asking for it for the sake of $2.. I mean.. we are a tight bunch, but not so much when it comes to quality of the product and getting hops in our brews ASAP.

Ha ha. First time I ever tried one was when I brewed it. That was 3 milds ago :D

Looking forward to some Mosaic action though!

lukiferj said:
Ha ha. First time I ever tried one was when I brewed it. That was 3 milds ago :D

Looking forward to some Mosaic action though!
packing it now.. gotta say, filling orders after getting home from pool night (and a number of Feral Hop Hogs) aint that much fun :) but happy to do so..

will be in the mail tmoz, will send tracking number tmoz arvo.

You're looking to become my new bulk hop ordering guy the more varieties you get in so don't diss the milds son.

Never diss the milds.

As you know mate, I have been, and continue to be surprised by just how much flavour and body can be in a mild...

It's a testament to how much skill I dont possess and how much I've still to learn to be able to create beers of that ilk

Yob said:
packing it now.. gotta say, filling orders after getting home from pool night (and a number of Feral Hop Hogs) aint that much fun :) but happy to do so..

will be in the mail tmoz, will send tracking number tmoz arvo.

Thanks mate!

manticle said:
Never diss the milds.
Listen to the man!

Postage / Courier Update

Over the last month or so, Ive been trying to refine the delivery process, many options have been assessed and Im happy to announce the following.

Im going to add and option for Courier Delivery within Melbourne burbs ONLY. You will need to indicate via a note on checkout if you wish to have this option, importantly, you must also tell me if you want the parcel "Left Safe" as the default is a signed delivery. The reason Im adding this is because of the agreement that it will be SAME DAY DELIVERY!! (pick up and delivery)

This, I assume will be a good option for those that place an order for example, Thursday and can then receive it Friday. Express post would be order placed Thursday, and posted Monday to receive it Tuesday.

After discussing many options I decided that I did not like the interstate options very much and will stick with Express Post parcels for the time being. I believe them to be the most efficient at this point.

Most importantly... Same price as the Express Post parcel so Postage is the same!!

Happy to trial it and see how it goes.. I will add a note to the site to remind peeps that the option is there.

Cheers
Ed: will not apply to 2 x 110g postage option

Latest posts

Back