Hop Chroming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came to realise that I was powerless over hops and my life had become unmanageable
It has come to the attention of management that you have been taking an unacceptable number of toilet breaks and taking a small bag of some substance in there with you.

Made amends to everyone that I had harmed
I'm sorry about the dog starving to death but I needed the money for Fuggles

Secret? I wasn't aware it was secret? I assumed anyone who visited such a forum as this was into it?

I also ate an amarillo pellet the other day lol, don't do it :p

I haven't had much time to spend on the forum for a few months. As I trawled through the topics in my email, I had to check this out.

Hops are on my mind right now, especially as I read Beer and Brewer's Hop-centred current issue.

There's no shame in this. Surely. Maybe, if like real chromers, you were on the train inhaling from a shopping bag full of hops there might be an issue... maybe.

I am a hop pusher... I am constantly shoving freshly acquired hops under SWMBO's nose - or any other unfortunate soul who happens to be around at the time. :icon_drool2:

During a recent brew for an APA, I had my hop additions set out on the table, and you could smell the hops from a couple metres away. Awesome...

I like the look on my beer drinking mates when they smell hops for the first time ever.

Funny really - they've been drinking for twenty years and never seen the raw ingredients of their drink.

A bit like a coffee drinker never seeing beans.

My current chroming delights are Southern Cross and Horizon. For some reason the bittering hops have the best aroma. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :wacko:

Reminds me of last night got home after driving over 1,000km in the day and the first thing on my mind was to go and check out the Northern Brewer hops that had been delivered; and a good ol sniff to check.

Just to get really worried I'm actually looking forward to getting home tonight to vac pack them into smaller amounts.

QldKev

Hey Kev, as if you don't have enough hops in the freezer already. Cheers

just dont try and go cold turkey. treat it like a nicotine addiction. slowly drop the AA% of the hops your sniffing until your down to 3%AA and then try and kick the habit.

or alternatively you could hold parties where you see who can sniff/eat the highest %AA hops.

I like Fents' suggestion.
crush up a pellet, rack up a line, snort it, now we have a problem....

edit:

maybe we found a substitution for tabacco in spliffs? crushed hops and Mary Jane spliffs!

tastes like shit mate, just ask hairofdogs ;)

I also ate an amarillo pellet the other day lol, don't do it

I chewed on a Galena Pellet one day, high AA and horrible.. :blink: I thought you had to chew the hops like Grains to recognise their flavours?? :huh:

:icon_cheers: CB

.........and I thought I was the only the only 1,but at least now I can come out of the closet as a ......HOP JUNKIE :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back