Homebrew vs Bought

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slatts_01

Reaction score
It's strange, but as soon as I started brewing using my Coopers Home Brew Kit, I also started to buy more Coopers beer when I wasn't able to drink homebrew.

It seems that the love of brewing my own coopers beer also means that I am more likely to buy a Coopers Pale Ale when I'm having a schnitty at the pub.

Weirdly – Selling home brew kits seems to have resulted in me buying more of their beer!

Just wondering if anyone else tends to do this?

Am I the only one??

I don't buy as much beer as I used to but I definitely still grab some for recipe inspiration or to try something new or really good! When I go to the pub though, yeah well nothing has changed there, too many taps and not enough time.. hahaha!

firstly, coopers is still australian owned and coopers still naturally brew. for these reasons i prefer to drink it,
Of the aussie megaswills, if iam out i will drink boags or squire golden if its available.

It's strange, but as soon as I started brewing using my Coopers Home Brew Kit, I also started to buy more Coopers beer when I wasn't able to drink homebrew.

It seems that the love of brewing my own coopers beer also means that I am more likely to buy a Coopers Pale Ale when I'm having a schnitty at the pub.

Weirdly – Selling home brew kits seems to have resulted in me buying more of their beer!

Just wondering if anyone else tends to do this?

Am I the only one??
Nah mate. You're just a raging pisshead. :cool:

I was unable to brew for the first 5 month of this year and subsequently ran out of beer. My go to in this situation is Coopers Sparkalarkalarkaling Ale big bottles. Plus, with every bottle they give you a great bottle to fill with your own brew. What's a schnitty? Forgive my ignorance.

Quite the opposite for me. Since I've started brewing I have no inclination to buy commercial.
In fact the only commercial I've had in the last year is the left overs when they bring theirs but drink mine!
I start drinking it when the fridge fills up. :D

What's a schnitty? Forgive my ignorance.
chicken-schnitzel.jpg

i like rivet - hard to beat if you feel like a straight up cold beer

Rivet was the last beer I turned to before going to home brew. Hahaha. Good old aldi!

The only beer I buy is grain, hops, yeast and four weeks of patience... But that's just me

Back