Ginger Beer - The need for nutrient.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nackfath

Reaction score
I am in a slight pickle.
I was wanting to put on a 23/24L ginger beer today and previously bought a packet of Mad Millie ginger beer yeast (with nutrient) however have realised it will only make 13.5L.
I have two coopers kit yeasts and some safale US-05 yeast.

Can I use the ginger beer yeast and then add one of these other yeasts in order to put my brew down?

- in the past I have used Morgans extract and then aded to it but this time I am wanting to make from scratch, primarily because I can no longer buy the extract in my region.

this is the ginger beer yeast I have for reference: https://www.madmillie.com/shop/beverages/ginger-beer-yeast-3-pack.html

Thanks

Morning Nack, you've probably already found a solution over the last week. However in my experience; that one pack will be sufficient.
The way yeast works, as a living organism, is to replicate and consume the sugar in your brew. Creating a bi-product of alcohol.
If you only use half the yeast, your brew will just take a little bit of extra time to "take off". It will still complete in the same manner.
Just allow an extra day before you get concerned that your brew is "stuck" or "failed"

Latest posts

Back