Home Brew Shops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Are they clean
Are they Knowlegable
are they helpful
are they modern
Do they carry a good stock

You dont have to mention names,

whats your HBS like ?

Pumpy

Pumpy said:
Are they clean
Are they Knowlegable
are they helpful
are they modern
are the stockwide ranging

You dont have to mention names,

whats your HBS like ?

Pumpy
[post="112677"][/post]​
E. All of the above and more.

Marks Homebrew

Good Day
ESB at Peakhurst is all those things and more ( eg good humour, enthusiasm)).

E. All of the above.

Bill McBride @ Brewmaker Holden Hill is one of Adelaides originals and runs a friendly ,helpful and seemingly successful business. :)

Manfred (Macarthur HB) at Campbeltown, he hasn't got everything but he's been at it for a while. If you can understand his German accent he's a pretty good bloke.

I drive for 40mins for him rather than the 'Highland brewers'. Bad experience there.

Personally, the only HBS that understands what I want is Gerard Northern Districts Home Brewing.
He understands the reasons why I brew and why I brew what I do and has the majority of the ingredients that I need or can locate them. Delivers to work and home. Magic.

Doc

my local hbs is over 4,000km away.Not that i have a local so i use a few and they are all great.

cheers
big d

Wish I had a local brew shop. The closest one in 2 hours away and seems overly pricey with limited stock.

What I consider local is probabally ESB who I deal with over the web - or get people to pick things down for me from when they visit. So far they have been great. Country Brewer has also been pretty good to deal with over the web.

i agree with BRAULUVER

He's a top bloke would be the "BOONEY OF THE BREW SHOP" Deadset legend

he is even helping me open a brewshop in my town as ther is not one for miles and the support is second to none.

WE dont seem to have any ALL GRAINERS HERE but alot of folks wanting to have a go and go one better than just a supermarket kit.

delboy :)

My local is a chain retail shop with dark grain and med/light grain,only willing to sell their pre packaged products,I travel 45mins one way to what I would call a homebrew store for service, knowledge, and products.

TWOC

Roy is the man he sells everything you need plus more and heaps of advice.

Cheers

Northern Brew @ Woonona for me. Good advise from AL and Anne and always get what I want

Doc said:
Personally, the only HBS that understands what I want is Gerard Northern Districts Home Brewing.
He understands the reasons why I brew and why I brew what I do and has the majority of the ingredients that I need or can locate them. Delivers to work and home. Magic.

Doc
[post="112823"][/post]​

I'm an ND Brewing man too. Gerard goes to heaps of trouble to get stuff in if he doesn't already have it (which is rare), the prices are right and free delivery too. Also, the fact he has commercial brewing experience is bloody handy when it comes to advice. The only way I would buy anything from anobody else is if its so out there that even Gerard can't source it!

If you are in Sydney, I can't understand why you'd go anywhere else frankly...

BYOAH @ Kambah is by far the best in the ACT.

Meets and exceeds all of the criteria in the source post.

M

Al at northern brew is a top bloke who will help you out any way he can. A big thumbs up!

I'll 3rd Al an Anne @ Northern Brew they always go out of their way to help you out.

And I'll third Gerard at ND.

Great service, advice, the lot. Cheers Gerard. :beer:

I'll second Stephen, Marks Home Brew in Newcastle!! Mark and Keith are both great guys that bend over backwards to help with setup and information. Great grain selection. Even though there are numerous other HB shops between Marks and where I live I prefer to drive 2hrs each way just to shop with them.

C

I'll third Mark's Homebrew in Newcastle for all the above mentioned reasons. Very helpful shop over a period of time :)

Shawn.

Gerard at ND Brewing is OK I guess :D

Seems to have some problem though with high IBU beers, just continually shakes his head whenever I offer them to him :lol:

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back