Hey there

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ73

Reaction score
Hi all

Getting back into home-brewing after a long time away

My best mate and I used to do our own home brews a while back (mostly just using base Coopers kits and adding hops and malts, etc from a brew shop) and when I was helping to clean out his shed after he passed away I came across the old fermenter and bottle tree and some of the other bits and pieces and decided might be good time to get back into brewing own beer especially as beer keeps getting more and more expensive with every CPI and also so I can choose what is going into my beer

So have gotten a new fermenter, some fresh bottles and cleaning supplies, etc and going to start off with a couple of kits from home brew shop (going for a Pils and a Japanese beer for starters) and maybe then progressing to all grain brewing from there or just tweaking those recipes to suit

Hi AJ73,
Congratulations on getting back into brewing and commiserations on your best mate passing. For me, it would have been a bittersweet experience cleaning out his shed, I hope the experience is triggering the recall of fond times.

Assuming your still at the same level of brewing as you were with your best mate, I can personally recommend a classic book by John Palmer called "How to Brew", the forth edition is the most recent. That's if your don't already have it, or an earlier edition. It's will bring your knowledge up to date and answer a thousand questions, which your sure to run into.

Failing that, post away to this community. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and can testify the people are very helpful, no matter your level of experience.

I hope you enjoy the future beer and can toast your old brewing mate along the way.

Cheers!
Rob

Latest posts

Back