Home Brew Shops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duff said:
Gerard at ND Brewing is OK I guess :D

Seems to have some problem though with high IBU beers, just continually shakes his head whenever I offer them to him

Cheers.
[post="112877"][/post]​

He takes the piss out of me for my super-hoppy APAs too! Reckons they've got a green tinge to them! :p

So, apart from the self esteem dwindling ridicule its a classy outfit! :D

Might make that OTT American IPA I have planned for my next brew... :lol:

I've got two locals. One gets an F. Fine if you're a K&K brewer but no grains to speak of and those they have are pretty old and expensive. Small selection of hops and not too sure about the age/freshness. I just buy crown seals and stufff like that there if I run out and need them in a hurry.

My other local is Gerard at ND Brewing. Delivers to the door. Everything a brewer could want. A+.

Cheers
Dave

And I'll 4th MARKS HOMEBREW in Newcastle. Both Mark and Keith are wankers but the shop is good. Ha Ha, (there goes my discount)
Over the past few years I have found Mark and Keith to be very helpful and on more than one occasion have gone well out of their way to help with brewing problems, ordering one off stock and even fabrication of custom S/S brew equipment.
If more retail HB shop were half as committed to the art of brewing as Mark there would be a hell of a lot more people brewing.
Keep up the great work fellas.

STEPHEN.

Can anyone recomend one in melbourne, i have tried a couple and found them to be over priced or arrogent

In my opinion there are two stand-out home brew shops in Melbourne:

Grain and Grape (recently relocated to new premises in Yarraville)

and

Greensborough Homebrewing, located in Greensborough.

An excellent range of products and friendly service are to be had at both.

Another boost for Big Al at Northern Brew Woonona. Scores an A+ in everything.

berazafi,

I agree with scrogster, Greensborough Homebrewing is good, very helpful and good range.
I haven't been to Grain and grape, other side of town :( Their website looks great though.

Cheers

berazafi said:
Can anyone recomend one in melbourne, i have tried a couple and found them to be over priced or arrogent
[post="112920"][/post]​
berazfi, as Merc & scrogster said G&G, & Greensborough HB are real good.
Hope the couple you tried aint one of these

Normell

Al at Woonona does it for me! ahem. in a brewing sense that is. Wollongong was a bit of a wasteland until Al turned up - the guy at Dapto who sold me my first fermenter kit was pretty hopeless - didn't keep yeast in the fridge and was really only interested in selling kits.

Thanks Al!

Mycle.

sorry for OT post - congrats on the 1000 posts Jaz , 100 of which prolly mention nz hops :p Go NZ hops :beerbang:

I actully havent tried them, so look forward to going there now. I had gone to heidelburg and boronia.

Dave

berazafi said:
I actully havent tried them, so look forward to going there now. I had gone to heidelburg and boronia.

Dave
[post="112959"][/post]​

Nuf said

brewmaker holden hill.im assuming bill here.i must have talked to his cardboard cut out as the two times ive visited him it was like talking to a can of extract.very hard to get anything out of.
didnt come across as very interested in what i had to say or what i was after.shop was very ordinary in my opinion.sorry guys but when you travel the distance i do to go to a decent recommended hbs at least you would expect a half decent chat with the owner and some interesting stuff on the shelves.No beer
now grumpys on the other hand.well they speak for themselves.top stuff.Beer to try
The jovial monk was even worth a visit .Beer to try.interesting

cheers
big d

big d said:
brewmaker holden hill.im assuming bill here.i must have talked to his cardboard cut out as the two times ive visited him it was like talking to a can of extract.very hard to get anything out of.
didnt come across as very interested in what i had to say or what i was after.shop was very ordinary in my opinion.sorry guys but when you travel the distance i do to go to a decent recommended hbs at least you would expect a half decent chat with the owner and some interesting stuff on the shelves.

cheers
big d
[post="112967"][/post]​

Big D,
I have had the same experience. Always trying to get you away from all grain in my experience.

cheers
Darren

grain and grape for me. Best homebrew shop in melbourne as far as i'm concerned.
great advice, great service.

Caters very well for the AG brewer.

VL.

Grumpy's naturally and Les at Caloundra Home Brew, good guy, great prices and has absolutely everything (can't sell enough liquit yeast to make it worthwile stocking it) looks after repeat customers no end. Come on how about some votes from other Sunshine Coast Brewers.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT FELLAS...
Here in Nowra ..WE have ..2 Woolies 1 Coles 1 IGA 1KMart.....
ALL better than the brew shop......The only other is a hardware shop
who is very helpful but does not stock everything (have to order from
Brewcraft.)But last week tells me he is getting ESB lines...So maybe have a chance of coming out of the doldrums....and brew a better farmland lager....lol.....
Cheers
PJ

Can someone reccommend a good brew shop near Burwood? (Vic)

My favorate would have to be G&G - They have a good range, and are nice and helpful.. my only issue is they are so bloody far away......

Latest posts

Back