Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco_tezz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I made a Blackrock pilsner kit monday night, with the Brew Craft Czech Pilsner Kit Converter.

And this is what it looks like 24 hours later, Now to me this does not look right.

Any help as to if this is normal or not would be great.

Thanks in advance

Tezz

brew_1.jpg

brew_2.jpg

Looks ok to me at least as far as I can make out from the pics. The foamy blanket (krausen) that forms in the early period of fermentation can be quite intense and even ugly. Are you open fermenting here or have you just cracked the lid to have a look?

Looks ok to me at least as far as I can make out from the pics. The foamy blanket (krausen) that forms in the early period of fermentation can be quite intense and even ugly. Are you open fermenting here or have you just cracked the lid to have a look?

yeah, it is a foamy blanket that is over the top, I had cracked the lid to have a look and none of my other brews have looked like this, But i hadn't opened them at this early stage, normally when the bubbling has stopped or slowed right down, But my g/f was curious as to what it looked like inside.

Looks okay to me too! Lager yeast?

yeah it is SAF lager S-23 yeast.

it is Fermenting at 10 degrees, smells fine,

Looks like i jumped the gun a bit on thinking something was wrong with it.

Thanks for everyones responses.

Cheers,

Tezz

Hi Guys,

I made a Blackrock pilsner kit monday night, with the Brew Craft Czech Pilsner Kit Converter.

And this is what it looks like 24 hours later, Now to me this does not look right.

Any help as to if this is normal or not would be great.
Thanks in advance

Tezz

hi, looks o.k. i woud give it a stir,

cheers, alan

looks ok to me. I would just leave it alone. not stir it.

I have used a similar kit in the past and it takes awhile to ferment out (as doi most lager yeasts) but it whould be very nice and clean in the end (providing your using lager temps)

Latest posts

Back