Heat pump water heater rebates for Victorians

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a while since Victoria had the option of printing money (01/01/1901). Point taken about how governments sometimes behave. Before this turns into a political slanging match...
Choice had a look at how heat pump HWS preformed, might be worth a read.
Mark

Tell me ONE! government project that has come in on time?
OR
Tell me ONE! that has come in on budget?
NOW! If you know of one that has come in on time AND budget, PLEASE share, and no the SA big battery doesn't count because it was poo-pooed by the pollies as being unachievable, Musk proved it wasn't.
The point of this comment?
The nuclear sub "aukus" deal is "PROJECTED!" ROFFL, to be $130,000,000, yes that's 130 MILLION! dollars a DAY!
Wait for it, for the next 30yrs! All coming out of the tax payers dollar, did I miss the consultation or was there none (with the people paying for it)
Underpaid teachers leaving because they can't afford child care, ambulances treating patients on loading ramps for up to 12hrs, english speaking nurses leaving in droves (pm me if you have an issue with this statement) uni students incurring debts they'll be paying off into their 40's, tafes being shut (where are all the qualified tradies? Duh!)
My work from home Canberra based (you know that Capital of the country) son, on the NBN after spending a week with me in rural NSW (on Starlink) going home and changing to starlink, because it's 5 times quicker (apparently he's on the wrong side of the road wtf!) and cheaper than the government NBN project.
NBN's response btw was to request a ban on Starlink in urban areas, as it was "cruelling" their business. No mention of lifting their game, and after yrs of Telstra's "shared" ADSL2 what a joke, I'd be happy to pay double what Starlink charges, at least they deliver what they say they will.
Government initiative home insulation? Mmmm how did that work out?
Government initiative heat pumps? NSW about 2yrs (when it was first announced) ago a mate in Queanbeyan got one, unbranded, installed by a couple of yobs (his words) fuse kept blowing, sparkie called in to fix it at my mates expense, unit failed about 6 months ago, replaced with a similar unbranded unit, after a week with no hot water.
Now! I'm not suggesting don't get a heat pump, just do your due diligence.
Heat Pump vs Solar: Which is More Cost-Effective for Hot Water It's a solar site so they can't help but be biased, but credit where credit is due, they do try (sort of) however read the comments for a real world experience of these things
And then watch "Utopia" it's on the ABC and although it's portrayed as a comedy, it's as close as you'll get to a documentary about how ministers and their underlings actually operate, when you've worked in that environment (which I have) it ceases to be funny. Yes prime minister was the early pommie version,of a similar thing, and the British government tried to ban it, I wonder why.
The take away of all this, is that anything the government has any thing to do with, is either doomed to failure, or will under achieve to the extent that it will be worse than what it replaces.
Completely off topic, but related to government ineptitude, another organisation I've had dealings with is the UN, if anyone reading this is interested in facts rather than propaganda and is a reader have a look at

Emergency Sex and Other Desperate Measures

It's quite short, but once read you'll never look at those NEWS! broadcasts quite the same ever again.
Sorry Mark, yep I made it political, but any government initiative by definition IS!.

Both stayed in and passed through Canberra twice in the past couple of weeks. It had been a while.
Must say, I really love what the locals have done (particularly along Northbourne Ave) with covering everything in graffiti and leaving those purple scooters laying all over the place.

For what it's worth, I just shit canned AGL after they simultaneously reduced the feed in tariff and ramped up kwh rate and went with China Light and Power, erm.. I mean, Energy Australia, as both rates were slightly better. 10 kw system.

Seems much like the insurance racket, energy suppliers are moving target when it comes to getting the best deal.

And may I say, they are, without a doubt, the most useless cunce I've dealt with at a customer service level.
And for an energy provider, that's some accomplishment.

Our electricity charge has gone up almost 50% while I am on the top tariff the contract closes 2024, 15 years with a poof teenth of bugger all to pay out in electricity sadly comes to a close. As much as I would like to see Dan Andrews go, I will be taking up the offer of the Vic governments 50% off battery bank. I will also get rid of the gas and install more solar. At this point in time I will stay on the grid and pay for the privilege. To be reviewed later.

Latest posts

Back