Hag - Hunter Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep 120 all round... Took me an age to sparge... bloody flaked barley <_<

Mate, you should end up with a great beer if your 1028 works out.

a protein rest helps it mate ;)

Yep... 30 mns at 50 C, but still.... :wacko:

Yeah I didn't actually add any myself I just wanted to screw up your sparge ;) :lol: Seriously, thats a shame. Mine sparged fine thankfully.

Cheers

mine too, its chilled and in the firmenter

juat about to add the yeast.

cheers

Edit: I do a protein rest at 52 for 15 min and works a treat. Dont know why, it just works.

cheers again

Niiiiiiiiice... <_< I think it has more to do with my mash tun set up at the moment. I seriously need to just HTFU and make the time to build my rig. I walk past the lovely pile of shiny stuff twice a day on my way in and out of the shed and admire how good it all looks and think about how good it will be ... *sigh*

Couldnt help myself, had to join the mild high club :lol:

While looking after sick kids this week managed to put down a mild and an Irish red.
The kids have been begging to go to school tomorrow :lol:

Couldnt help myself, had to join the mild high club :lol:
<chopped>
Me too! Mild high club. Maybe that can be a separate division, or a separate comp (for later)?

I haven't brewed it yet...but still time to make a weizen and a mild, I reckon.

Brewed my infamous choc porter yesterday. Will pitch in a few daze.

Les out :p

Wow.......... Im feeling less and less confident all the time :)

at least the judges will only have a Mild headace the next day.

Ahhhh here we go with the crap jokes :)

On another note.......... Is there a time and date the entries have to be in by or can we turn up with a schooner and hand it to the judges :)

Oh and place as well........... im thinking the obvious will be potters or Marks shop.

cheers

Says 5 pm Wednesday before on the website at MHB or Potters

Ahhhhhhhh that helps!

thanks

G'day Hags...

As an honourary and founding Hag I've been talking to Mark and am planning on heading down to Potters on the weekend in question to say G'day and do some judging with any luck. I'm really looking forward to having a few beers with you blokes again and to meeting some of the new members I haven't met yet. Hope to see a few of you there and looking forward to some great beers,

Shawn.

Hey Shawn........... if i can make it there we may finally meet :)

cheers

Hey Shawn........... if i can make it there we may finally meet :)

cheers

Yeah, looking forward to meeting you finally Tony and to meeting you again Goatherder. Bring on the beer! Can't wait...

Shawn.

So now the big Mild challenge has been taken up by all and sundry, who's up for a weizen too? I know Uncle Les is, but someone else has to plonk one in :p

Not for me schooey, too many beers, not enough time to brew them!

Back