Hag - Hunter Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thought did cross my mind schooey but I think I'd be pushing it for time also...

Glad to hear you're coming Shawn, would be good to catch up again.

and firmentation fridge space is minimal.

I could always enter a bottle of the Old Ale :)

Im going to see if i can get out there on saturday arvo, but no promises.

I will be luck to get time to drop off what entries i might have.

cheers

Hey folks, yet another mild is entering the frey. Just couldn't let this chance go. Like most though I have never brewed a mild before so spent a fair amount of time reading the bjcp and looking up commerical examples. Anyway only brewed a 15L batch since I've never brewed one before and subsequently felt a little silly picking up a 3kg grist from mark today, And felt a little cheated only doing 1 hop addition.

Anyway brew day went well, yeast now pitched, just hoping it ferments out quick so that I have a bit of time to keg it/quick condition it and then bottle.
Lee

I brewed my weissen today and just got it in the fridge, will be good to see how it goes. I'm really starting to look forward to the comp days, should be great fun.

Racked my weissen to secondary last night. It was my first time using Wyeast 3068 and it smells like someone ran over the Bananas in Pyjamas with a steamroller :unsure:

Its better than that crappy new dried one hey mate!

you dont need to put banannas in the beer, it does what a wheat yeast should :)

cheers

Yeah.. I have a free packet of WB-06 free to anyone who is a fan of it. PM the address and I'll even spring for the 50c stamp.

c'mon guys, I thought wb06 was tops. I agree there wasn't enough nana but it was as clovey as hell with a lovely lemony ester profile. If the comp was another week away I'd put a wb06 wheaty in...

c'mon guys, I thought wb06 was tops. I agree there wasn't enough nana but it was as clovey as hell with a lovely lemony ester profile. If the comp was another week away I'd put a wb06 wheaty in...

Yeh I liked it, even when I fermented at 32 deg C I got some funky Banana and bubblegum flavours, just dont ferment too cool.

Steve

If you want bananas then use a Bavarian style wheat yeast

I do Ross........ I do! :)

Just because you sell it doesnt mean i cant express my feelings towards it mate. I tried it in schooeys wheat beer a while back and didnt like the all clove profile it threw.

There are different yeasts out there, we all have different tastes and i choose not to use it.

I will be interested to try a bavarian dried wheat yeast though.

cheers

My mild is finally slowing down. Its been bubbling away in the garage for over a week now. Its not like its a 7% beer.

Should have used S-04 <_<

Ahhhh it will be ready.

cheers

My mild is finally slowing down. Its been bubbling away in the garage for over a week now. Its not like its a 7% beer.

Should have used S-04 <_<

Ahhhh it will be ready.

cheers
Gee, I hope mine doesn't take that long. The comp is afoot, and I have been reading about "beer in a week" in BYO mag.
Hmmm, do I have enough fermentors to split the mild between W1187 and W1028, as suggested by my daughter last night, when I asked which yeast I should use. Clever girl! :icon_chickcheers:

Let's hope I'm not entering another flat Weissbier again, though...even if it did well at the B&T comp.
Either way, I'll have plenty of drinking beer at home for a while (mild, weissbier, porter, blonde, APA).

Beerz
Les :p

just tasted my mild now that its just about finnished.

I took it out of the fridge to finnish off but obviously too early and a couple of warm days have spoiled it.

Its not infected, it smells good but it has that "hot yeast" taste to it that i hate.

maybe i will have a beer to enter next year. Thats what i get for rushing....... more time and money down the drain.

going to go tip it out and save some of the yeast to make my stout i just mashed.

sorry folks.

cheers

Decicided id be an idiot to tip it out.... so i let it sit and it seems to be coming good. This yeast is a frustrating beast. It seems to change character daily and just wont stop firmenting.... it will be 2 weeks on wednesday night.

Ive run a bit out into bolltes and primed it. Will see how it goes. Might still enter it if its drinkable.

With all this trouble ive been having brewing ive become a bit jumpy <_< :p

fingers crossed

cheers

Its a bitch to use but god its an interesting strain in the glass.

Trying to use up all my old stocks and not crack new yeasts while im having troubles. Thinking of brewing an Altbier with it at 15 deg. at that temp it will take 3 months :huh:

Might do it for the case swaps and if it works out ok i will put my name back down if there is room.

cheers

Latest posts

Back