Grain mill BB once again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we were at keg king they said it was the last time they were going to do it. Or at least, they may allow it once a year or something.

Don't blame them, seems they are cutting their own throat and those of their retailers.

Finally got my mill set up yesterday and milled the grist for tonights brew, worked a treat, took a few goes to find an acceptable crush but now it's set I can just forget about it.

Cheers again for organising SimoB and Strobe.

I missed out on the BB but have ordered one direct from the land of the never ending consumer goods for around the same price as BB. It looks like its the same
as the Malt Muncher . I should be getting it in a week or so. I will post pics and let you know what its like.

Thanks to everyone involved for this bb, my mill has arrived and looks great!

Many thanks!!

OK so we've all had our shiny new mills for a month or so now
What's everyone done with them
Here's my setup, excuse the lousy carpentry

image.jpg

Still haven't done anything other than assemble and use it. No jig saw, heh. Will sort it eventually...

s_t_r_o_b_e said:
Still haven't done anything other than assemble and use it. No jig saw, heh. Will sort it eventually...
I've got a jigsaw and I'm prepared to use it (just not very well)

BTW the mill is awesome

The mill is awesome. Still not 100% on my crush. Using a drill, still finding a couple of UN crushed grains ...

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Mine is ******* cracking.. Literally!!

With an ozitto drill and BIAB, getting 80% effieciency! Not to mention how cheap it is when u get ur grain in a bulk buy
Love it.

Should have done it years ago!

Have another brew day planned next Sunday - ill break out the old Kodak Polaroid and see what I can do

Ps it's just the mill mounted on a piece of mdf with the drill mounted.. Lots of other doing same

As you can probably tell by my jigsaw skills I'm no DIY champion, just a bit excited I suppose after mounting drill on mdf and cracking grain plus on same day making a hop spider and modifying a bar fridge to become a fermentation chamber
Now if only the weather in Melbourne would get above 16 so I can use it!

meathead said:
As you can probably tell by my jigsaw skills I'm no DIY champion, just a bit excited I suppose after mounting drill on mdf and cracking grain plus on same day making a hop spider and modifying a bar fridge to become a fermentation chamber
Now if only the weather in Melbourne would get above 16 so I can use it!
Time to wire up a STC-1000, get onto e-bay only about $20.

I went the safe way on that and got a completed unit, as a famous cop once said
Mans got to know his limitations

Latest posts

Back