Grain mill BB once again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Got some annoying news for those who have had their mills delivered. We where not given the screws to fix the hopper together. I have arranged them to be posted to me and I will post to you when I receive them

You could easily find something at bunnings if you can't wait.

Sorry about that. (im in the same boat)

No need to apologise Simo. Shit happens. What sort of screws are they BTW?

I think you can pop rivet them, was mentioned earlier in this thread, I think I'll just do that.

tiny little guys, somthing you can find at any hardware.. I think I will go down the pop rivet angle. That makes sense.

Seems safer to me anyway, it's never going to fall apart if it's riveted.

Thanks SimoB, got mine today, don't worry about sending bolts to me, I just riveted mine.

Thanks Again for organising. :beer:

Na easy, I used some small cable ties on the 4 top holes to hold it together while I put the other 8 rivets in.
I did notice that I put the 2 sides without the lip on the inside of the lip of the other 2 panels thinking it is the stronger way but it made the 2 tabs that connect to the mill a little wide so it had to be convinced into the gap, so next time I would prob just put them on the outside as I guess there is probably not much strength required.

Here are some dodgy phone pics.

20130905_134153.jpeg

20130905_134139.jpeg

20130905_134219.jpeg

Mine was waiting for me when I got home today. Thanks again for organising , really appreciate it.
Cheers.

Wow, didn't take long. Hopefully everyone as far as Queensland get theirs before the weekend too!

don't worry about my screws either. all rivetted already! Thanks so much

20130905_1956072104096624.jpg

Picked mine up this arvo. Very pls thanks again guys.
Rob

Woohoo! got mine today. I Don't need bolts I'll rivet it.

Thank you again for all your hard work. you're a legend. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back