Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go - I'll get some more later. It was slightly disheartening to see such a lack of facial hair amongst all the brewers. Kyogle represented as did the ugly mug on the right.

It was pleasant to note that the competition was open to all races, including the dwarven race. Gungo, son of Gimli, son of Gloin is pictured at left.

The amount of bottles in this pic was not an accurate representation of the party; this photo was taken early - while I was still able to operate a complicated electronic device. Beerish 083.JPG

Didn't Gimli accompany Legolas to the Blessed Realm in the Fourth Age in a ship that they both constructed at the boat ramp at the Grey Havens? Maybe he had an opportunity to slip it to a dwarf girl (bearded) before he left.

I wanna know who the brewer was with the big Hahn Bottles, one was bottled hopped im sure, and the other was dry hopped with them small banana lollies.

Or that infected one that I left in the glass....only to discover latter that it was recommencing life and was trying to escape from the glass....I have never seen a beer do that....

shaunous said:
I wanna know who the brewer was with the big Hahn Bottles, one was bottled hopped im sure, and the other was dry hopped with them small banana lollies.
Hi Shaunous, I'm pretty sure they were mine. I was at the comp up until the end of the first two beer classes then I had to scamper. No bottle hopping, but used Vic Secret in multiple stages in my beer entry for the 2nd Class, if that is the one you are referring to? The banana one was possibly my hefeweizen, the banana/clove is from the yeast strain I used. Pity I couldn't hang around, maybe next time. Cheers.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Or that infected one that I left in the glass....only to discover latter that it was recommencing life and was trying to escape from the glass....I have never seen a beer do that....
Hi Stu, if that was one of the Stouts, it was possibly mine if it was gushing like a froth volcano?
Cheers.

MikeHell said:
Hi Shaunous, I'm pretty sure they were mine. I was at the comp up until the end of the first two beer classes then I had to scamper. No bottle hopping, but used Vic Secret in multiple stages in my beer entry for the 2nd Class, if that is the one you are referring to? The banana one was possibly my hefeweizen, the banana/clove is from the yeast strain I used. Pity I couldn't hang around, maybe next time. Cheers.
That Hef was damn good, banana-ery as all hell, and I love banana's.

I remember the other one having a massive hop hit.

Did we meet you? If so I cannot remember :p

Crusty said:
When are the results announced, Friday or Saturday?
Yeh Friday I believe.

MikeHell said:
Hi Stu, if that was one of the Stouts, it was possibly mine if it was gushing like a froth volcano?
Cheers.
No it wasnt a Stout. I think it was Dark ale....but the infection was so bad that I spat it straight out. It was rank

Ducatiboy stu said:
No it wasnt a Stout. I think it was Dark ale....but the infection was so bad that I spat it straight out. It was rank
Pretty sure Linc drank our 'shitty beer gets tipped into that cup' cup. That was funny.

Crusty said:
When are the results announced, Friday or Saturday?
The results will be available on Friday for the opening of the show. There will be ribbons displayed with bottles in the main pavilion.

Hopefully, the results will be published in the Daily Examiner along with the other comps.

There were some good beers, and for those amongst the top in ranking, it was pretty close!

Brew Matt said:
Hopefully, the results will be published in the Daily Examiner along with the other comps.
Hopefully, because im to cheap to pay for show tickets to get in ;)

You going to take any pic's of the home brew display Matt?

shaunous said:
Hopefully, because im to cheap to pay for show tickets to get in ;)

You going to take any pic's of the home brew display Matt?
Yep, plenty of photos.

shaunous said:
That Hef was damn good, banana-ery as all hell, and I love banana's.

I remember the other one having a massive hop hit.

Did we meet you? If so I cannot remember :p

Yeh Friday I believe.
No don't think we met, I had to leave after the 2nd round was finished.

shaunous said:
Pretty sure Linc drank our 'shitty beer gets tipped into that cup' cup. That was funny.
I thought it was a Belgian. Top marks!

MikeHell said:
No don't think we met, I had to leave after the 2nd round was finished.
We were all only just getting started by then :party:

Latest posts

Back