Goodes Racism Claim

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Guess when a 13 year old dose it, it's racist.
When a millionaire businessman dose it, its a gaffe.
And of all people to actually do it after only 5 days since is nothing short of appalling. Eddie makes the biggest song and dance to the media about a zero tollerance level and anyone caught making these sorts of comments will be banned from membership and the club etc.... hrrrmmm where to now Eddie eh?

Friggin' Dickhead!!

I am going to sit back and watch how the Eddy Maguire thing pans out. So Andrew Demetriou is it about the money and the boys club or is it about values? I reckon I know how it will play out. Sad really.............

Thanks for the read guys. I've been discussing this whole deal with my wife a fair bit lately and it's interesting to see a few more views on the subject.

There was a great segment on Hack(JJJ) last night while I was on my way home from work. It was all about this media beat up.

One good point made by Dan Sultan, was that you don't get to decide what's offensive. It's the person that's offended who gets to decide.
Better, in my opinion, than the other drivel that's been spewing forth.

Working in construction, you come across a fair bit of colourful behaviour from all sides. I've been on both ends and don't really mind most of it. However, I have offended a few good people over the years and have always made an effort to show them the same respect as the next person.
Good people deserve to be treated so.

One bad point Dan Sultan made was in relation to the footy player being a legend and an amazing person. WTF.
Maybe I need to look further into the amazing good deeds of this bloke?

A far as the guy getting upset and pointing the girl out in a crowd goes, it is reconciliation week after all.
http://www.reconciliation.org.au/nrw/what-s-nrw-
As a race, the indigenous population of this country has had it rough. There is no denying that.

Peace out.

Wow. Aboriginals are cool. I have worked and lived along side many. Seen men set pig dogs onto aboriginals. And the worst abuse of their women. I am married to an Thai woman. I am constantly disappointed and saddened by racism. It's everywhere. From Normanton to south Yarra to Mandurah. Goodes could not have picked a better time to highlight the issue. Probably happens every week he plays. He chose this time to call someone out.

Latest posts

Back