Goodes Racism Claim

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
I see the person who called Goodes last night an ape was a thirteen year old girl. **** me this is the 21st century! Would be interesting to see her parents views on Indigenous people..........I reckon you'd find the answer to her attitude there me thinks.

what a little ****, 13 is old enough to know better. we can only partially blame her parents.

Flame suit on, and all that, and I confess to not being a footie follower, but isn't the fact the little zit face is a Collingwood supporter enough to explain the brain failure?
Just saying, based only on what I've read and heard about them.

Liam_snorkel said:
what a little ****, 13 is old enough to know better. we can only partially blame her parents.
I beg to disagree, I blame the parents completely.

manticle said:
Rowy - look up Prussian blue (folk band) if you really want to shock yourself on ingrained racism in children.
"White nationalist tween pop duo"?

Laughlin' just to keep from cryin'!

It's just shits me to death that this is such a great country and we still have people out there that just don't get it. And this is coming from someone who is not of the left let me assure you.

not a good thing but a storm in a tea cup to me,the media gets on it and it gets rammed down or throats.
what happened to the "good old days" when a smack in the mouth or a clip under the ear got the problem sorted.
.....flame suit on...cheers...spog...

Getting belted in the mouth led to stiff upper lip syndrome and what self respecting beer drinker sympathises with that?

Liam_snorkel said:
I see that over the 3 days the forum has been mostly down, **** isn't being censored anymore.

When I was a wee laddie in the UK I got packed off for school holidays from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Grandma and Aunty in Yorkshire on the bus in the days when eight and nine year olds were well able to travel unaccompanied. Today of course they would be raped every hour by pedos but that's the modern world.

However the bus would pass through Leeds and there was a heap of Jamaican, Nigerian and other migrants from our Great Empire, and I marvelled at all those black people I could see off the bus as we passed through their housing estates where they gathered (1950s, no motorways, buses went right through every town).

When I got to Brierley Yorkshire near Barnsley, Grandma would always say " did you see all those blackies in Leeds" . Yes grandma.

I was unaware that blacky was an insult, and actually didn't realise that the term was insulting until it was pointed out to me by a really good Sikh mate at junior school later that year (Dave Singh, dad ran the local BIR restaurant)

I would suggest that the attitudes of this girl are probably what she has picked up at home and yes she needs reeducating, wouldn't describe her as a ****. I would suggest that her peers, who maybe egged her on, have also picked this up from their home environment as well.

Upbringing party to blame, sure, but in the "age of information" 13yo kids are pretty street wise. She knew she was being a ****. Did you watch the video?

Liam_snorkel said:
what a little ****,

^Not filtered.

[At time of posting]

She has called and apologised to him. In her defence, not a racial thing, purely facial structure - he is a little 'Apey'

Given some members of ahb refer to asian style beers as lice lagers or lice ragers etc does it suprise u that this stuff is still around? Oldhabits hard to break etc. Now im sure none of the huys on here mean anything by their referances but its still racist. Then again there is a cconscious thought in making the reference for assimingly amusement reaction whereas that girl obviously just had a reaction amd it was her natural first reaction which is worrying as its her instinct.

This wouldnt have rated boo anywhere else if it wasnnt indigenous round or afl.

citymorgue2 said:
Given some members of ahb refer to asian style beers as lice lagers or lice ragers etc does it suprise u that this stuff is still around? Oldhabits hard to break etc. Now im sure none of the huys on here mean anything by their referances but its still racist. Then again there is a cconscious thought in making the reference for assimingly amusement reaction whereas that girl obviously just had a reaction amd it was her natural first reaction which is worrying as its her instinct.
This wouldnt have rated boo anywhere else if it wasnnt indigenous round or afl.
******* bullshit. Everyone knows what ape / monkey/ baboon means in the context it was said. If that was her first reaction then go figure. It would have and should have got a reaction in any round. Do you know why? Because it was ******* WRONG.

citymorgue2 said:
im not looking for a male fk buddy so ill pass on hooking up but yeah ill have a beer with ya! Maybe upcoming case swap?
Dude im not sure whats pissed u off in my post. No where did I defend her. I said it was worse than the stuff on here because it was her first reaction which meams its somwhere in her value system and she obviosly has been bought up that way and its wrong.

I think somwthings been lost in translation buddy. Or is it just my atrocious spelling?

Edit. Oh is it my last sentence. Somw of it seems to be missingm I made refernanc to the buddy franklin incident in a night club and media jumping on it amd some other stuff. The racial vilification thing goes on all the time at football. Yes its wrong but im saying it happens. Like calling umpires white maggots etc. Its all wrong.

Still nfi what how I offended u.

citymorgue2 said:
Dude im not sure whats pissed u off in my post. No where did I defend her. I said it was worse than the stuff on here because it was her first reaction which meams its somwhere in her value system and she obviosly has been bought up that way and its wrong.
I think somwthings been lost in translation buddy. Or is it just my atrocious spelling?
Edit. Oh is it my last sentence. Somw of it seems to be missingm I made refernanc to the buddy franklin incident in a night club and media jumping on it amd some other stuff. The racial vilification thing goes on all the time at football. Yes its wrong but im saying it happens. Like calling umpires white maggots etc. Its all wrong.
Still nfi what how I offended u.
Read and hit the buttons. My bad CM. just re-read your post. Topic something for a range of reasons I'm passionate about and probably shoot before I aim.

No worries. Beers all round.

Its somwthing that has to be stamped out at thw youngest lwvelsbor it will continue to permiate through society and the years. Same as americans hating japanese after ww2 or any other number of thhings. Its needs to be removed from common acceptable vernacular so thats people dont revert to it as an acceptable insult. Like poof ****** dyke lesbo etc in terms of homosexsuality.

Latest posts

Back