Good source of stainless fittings & bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchased from 2014*Online multiple times and find their parts to be of acceptable quality for the price. Shipping is typically around 2-3 weeks, all orders have arrived without any missing or incorrect parts. Some fittings have material from the manufacturing process in the threading, but this can easily be removed. The only semi-major issue I have had with them is with their 3-piece ball valves. Some have required disassembly and the use of a dermal/bench grinder to machine down extraneous metal that prevents the handle from being rotated a full 90 degrees. There has also been some mild corrosion in some crevasses where fluid (probably from pacification baths) has not been correctly cleaned off.

Just an FYI about compression fittings sold by this ebay seller. They use metric inside diameters in increments of 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm...The 12mm fittings are just that, 12mm, not 12.7mm (1/2"), and as such will not fit 1/2" OD pipe. I have yet to try the 14mm fittings to see if they compress down snugly onto 1/2" OD pipe, but I doubt they will. I have purchased compression fittings form the seller mentioned by 5150 in the past, and they have been of good quality with correct imperial diameters. He is selling ex-stock from a previously owned business, as such some parts are limited or unavailable.

Edit: Spelling

I have received a few incorrect items twice from 2014online. Was sent the correct ones or refunded. Still buy from them.

Their tri-clover fittings over 4 inch aren't compatible with ones available here.

I've ordered a heap of stuff off 2014online over the past year or so. Once my order was messed up, once I only got single ferrule compression fittings when he/she advertised double. Both times I contacted him/her and was immediately shipped replacements. Some of the cast fittings need a bit of a cleanup - they have burrs, or what looks like casting sand still stuck to them. The machined fittings are all top notch.

Interestingly, some of the parts seem to change a bit. I've ordered a 3 piece ball valve twice, and received two slightly different valves (one is a bit shorter).

desitter said:
Just an FYI about compression fittings sold by this ebay seller. They use metric inside diameters in increments of 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm...The 12mm fittings are just that, 12mm, not 12.7mm (1/2"), and as such will not fit 1/2" OD pipe. I have yet to try the 14mm fittings to see if they compress down snugly onto 1/2" OD pipe, but I doubt they will.
I went with their 16mm compression fittings and used 15.9mm OD stainless pipe. Very snug fit.

How are the cam locks from this supplier? Finding it hard to discern what is a QUALITY Camlock and what isn't. Geordi have told me their have Buna seals, nowhere else seems to advise the seal type used so fear I'll get something that could leach chemicals at wort/boil temps. Would prefer silicone over Buna even but can't seem to locate a seller confirming this. This eBay seller lists the temp rating as 500F (260C) which I believe is around silicones temp ratings, but no mention of the seal material. Can anyone confirm if this seller has silicone seals inside their cam locks? Also how they hold up over time?

I've been buying my camlocks from keg king (and haven't had any dramas with the quality as of yet) and these guys. Their prices are similar to the brew shops, and the quality is excellent (to my untrained eye at least). Don't know what shipping costs from Powell are as I live close by.

All of mine have silicone seals.

JD

My cam locks came from brewhardware in the USA silicone seals and a good price, never had an issue with dirty thread or rust.

My last two orders from 2014online have had women's dresses in them instead of 1 piece ball valves :lol:

Thankfully they have been the right size for my Mrs, which has made the process of buying stainless bling even easier.

To top it off they have refunded the ball valve cost each time!

anyone comment on the cam locks from these guys? was going to order some for piping up some connections from valve to the new plate chiller i bought and the price seems right

I bought few male and female cam locks from this 2014online several months ago. All totally fine, highly recommend them.
The seals in the females seemed to possibly be rubber, so i spent ages trying to source silicone ones - took a while but eventually found some.
So all up, it worked out quite cheaply and with good products (for the price!)

Sneaky bastards. I couldn't find them at KK.
FullPint might also have them.

Otherwise I got them from Precision Hytec in Highett, Vic. They don't have a website (wtf?!?) but they're on eBay as hytec_1. Search for "camlock seal red silicone". I think the dimensions are internal diameter, so you need the 12mm size if you have the same fittings as me.

The male 2014 camlock fittings will not fit the local ones without some work. The straight section from the sealing face to the start of the curve is bigger and the leavers will not engage

Thanks techno! As a matter of fact I found the same supplier and he confirmed the dimensions of the Camlock seal will fit the Dixon female cam locks I have purchased from Country Trading Store on eBay (Wallingtons homebrew).

My purchase raised an interesting point that most cam locks have a standard rubber or a Buna-N (Nitrile) gasket, which are both not food safe and Dixon said the normal black Buna- N Nitrile is not even that stable at boiling temps, the White Buna-N Nitrile is but it stable at the temps but is not FDA approved. So replacing for silicone gaskets is a must in my book, even if the wort makes barely any contact with the seal. I don't want any shit leaching into my beer.

technobabble66 said:
I think the dimensions are internal diameter, so you need the 12mm size if you have the same fittings as me.
is that for the 1/2" camlocks?

Yes. Not 100% certain, but 99% sure I bought 1/2" camlocks from 2014online and the 25mm seals I originally bought (thinking it was OD) were far too big (anyone want them??) so I spoke to a girl at Hytec and easily sorted out a new order for 12mm ones. Arrived in 2 days.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Thanks techno! As a matter of fact I found the same supplier and he confirmed the dimensions of the Camlock seal will fit the Dixon female cam locks I have purchased from Country Trading Store on eBay (Wallingtons homebrew).

My purchase raised an interesting point that most cam locks have a standard rubber or a Buna-N (Nitrile) gasket, which are both not food safe and Dixon said the normal black Buna- N Nitrile is not even that stable at boiling temps, the White Buna-N Nitrile is but it stable at the temps but is not FDA approved. So replacing for silicone gaskets is a must in my book, even if the wort makes barely any contact with the seal. I don't want any shit leaching into my beer.
No wukkas. Happy to take a pint of your next Roger's clone as thanks :lol:

Yeah, I ummed and aahhed for a while about the seals and then thought, really, why risk it?! Glad I did, because I'm pretty sure they were those crappy black ones.

I don't want any shit leaching into my beer.
Best stay away from the koala scat then.

IMG_0499.JPGIMG_0500.JPGIMG_0501.JPG

I've purchased a lot of stainless from both 2014online and from local suppliers who have their stainless custom made to specs in Taiwan.

Above are a few pictures of some bands and the weights. The lighter weight ones are those from 2014online.

I've also noted that some of the 316SS is precipitating some oxides. I've had a few tests done on China land stainless and rarely does it meet the criteria for 316ss.
While it works ok for the stuff I make, it won't pass muster with most critical applications.

It's not as good and it doesn't weld as well, but it's cheap.

Edit: photos didn't show up...

Also note that I've had several wrong size fittings sent and they argue with you every time. Eventually they concede and give you either a refund or return replace but it's a hassle.

So don't buy fittings to be welded from 2014.online?

Back