Good source of stainless fittings & bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heyhey said:
So don't buy fittings to be welded from 2014.online?
I do, but be prepared for some challenges.. that's all.
When I'm welding China land fittings I take cleaning to an all new heights. I polish all weld areas to a high polish and then wipe down with acetone.
The weld puddles tend to be a bit sluggish and sometimes you can't get that high quality nice looking weld you'd expect, but with that said, I've never had cracks or weak welds.
You'll get much better results if you run with ER308LSi if welding to 304ss and ER316LSi if straight to 316, but I rarely use filler so it's an extra challenge.
Bang for buck they're hard to beat. I'll pay upwards of 3X more for proper high quality fittings locally.

Yeah, i'd assume all 2014online's stuff is slightly average quality SS304.
You're wildly optimistic if you're thinking it'll be proper SS316.

You get what you pay for.
If you want quality stuff you'll need to pay for it, and the local suppliers (or ones in the states) are the only option.

EDIT: However, for me, 2014online's gear is good enough for my backyard ghetto setup.

Most chinese ebay retailers also say they have the highest quality products..... :p

Hey guys worth mentioning SPvalves here, they purchased t & s valves. I called Chris (manager) today about some 1/2" BSP to 1/2" compression which came out $5 cheaper than other local (beer centric) suppliers. Had all pieces I asked for...

I also picked up some elbows, tees etc while I was there, he responded to my email with a quote in around 10 minutes and had them in the mail same day.

No affiliation just a happy customer.

While I was satisfied with 2014online on previous builds, you could tell they weren't the best quality and I doubt proper stainless....time will tell.

Mardoo said:
But it says 316 right on it O_O
It also says it "gives you have happy stainless production".... still waitin on my whoppin' dose of happy...

my camlock order turned up today. With the supplied black rubber gasket (or replacement silicon ones i purchased, from precision hytec on ebay as commented by technobabble66. These appear to be identical thickness to the supplied rubber gaskets) the female arms are quick hard to close.

Is this normal for 'fresh out of the box' camlocks and they get easier after a few uses, or should I be looking for some thinner silicon gaskets?

Maybe your hands are just a bit weak?
:lol:

Yeah, let them sit clamped together for a while (week or 2) and it gets much easier. Still needs a little force, but it'd be concerning if you didn't - there wouldn't be a tight seal !
Glad you found hytec- they're great!

technobabble66 said:
Maybe your hands are just a bit weak?
:lol:

Yeah, let them sit clamped together for a while (week or 2) and it gets much easier. Still needs a little force, but it'd be concerning if you didn't - there wouldn't be a tight seal !
Glad you found hytec- they're great!
When they are clamped, should the arms be all the way closed back or just 3/4ish?

And thanks for the hytec tip, was a cheap/easy way to get 4 silicon gaskets

You find a sweet spot in them to get them all the way but dont think it matters as the force holds the seal, its isnt actually the seal.

Back