Getting To Beerfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffd

Reaction score
For anyone that is looking to go but doesnt have transport.

I have room in the car for 1 person, (2 at a squeeze when camping gear considered) leaving friday arvo will be returning early Sunday morning, I need to be back in Melbourne for 12 noon at the latest.

I believe there might also be seats left on the Westgate bus, PM Fergthebrewer for availablity, dep/ret times, pick up point, cost etc...

Hi Father Jack,

Tell your 'bus driver' to check vicroads updates if travelling via Princes Hwy. There have been road closures of late along various stretches due to rain, road subsidence and the flooding around the Pakenham to Morwell stretch (The most serious issue was mainly just after Morwell where the road 'sunk' but that won't concern us as we turn off earlier), but it's something to keep an eye on to save any detours, so check the road alerts on vicroads.vic.gov.au before you drive.

Safe trip Westgaters and see you up there!

Hopper.

Hi Father Jack,

Tell your 'bus driver' to check vicroads updates if travelling via Princes Hwy. There have been road closures of late along various stretches due to rain, road subsidence and the flooding around the Pakenham to Morwell stretch (The most serious issue was mainly just after Morwell where the road 'sunk' but that won't concern us as we turn off earlier), but it's something to keep an eye on to save any detours, so check the road alerts on vicroads.vic.gov.au before you drive.

Safe trip Westgaters and see you up there!

Hopper.

looks like the Strzelecki Hwy is closed from Morwell, but I'm going to Traralgon first, so will go to Mirboo Nth Via Churchill

Not sure about the bus, maybe it will head Leongatha way.

For anyone that is looking to go but doesnt have transport.

I have room in the car for 1 person, (2 at a squeeze when camping gear considered) leaving friday arvo will be returning early Sunday morning, I need to be back in Melbourne for 12 noon at the latest.

Bump....for the late shift, will be online tomorrow in the daytime to do a final check for any takers

looks like the Strzelecki Hwy is closed from Morwell, but I'm going to Traralgon first, so will go to Mirboo Nth Via Churchill

Not sure about the bus, maybe it will head Leongatha way.

Good pickup. Didn't realise Strzelecki was closed. This weather is mayhem.

As long as we get there and there's beer then all good! One way or another we will arrive!

Sorry HM i think it might be open, but you'll need to drive into Morwell & do a U-turn by the looks of it.

link to: Map

Latest posts

Back